Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone post a picture of the chome/plastic guide that rides in the vertical channel so I know what I'm looking for? My car is missing them and cant find any repops. Also I could use the pass. side vertical channel if anyone has an old one that could be rebuilt. Thanks.

Keith

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
is it for a 73- 74 or 68-70 i have extra guides. rt or lft or both.front channel or rear/top let me know.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thank you guys. This is for a 70 Nova. My 1/4 glass has nothing except the pin and clip to attach it to the regulator. I bought all new molding but I guess the new vertical wont work if you want a fuctioning window so I am going to send my old ones in to be rebuilt. If you have some guides you could sell that would be great.

Keith

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jackster, how long is that guide? Is it the full length of the front edge of the quarter window? I asume that piece slides in the vertical molding?

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Yes it slides in the channel and yes it fits the full window length. I don't think it would be too hard to make something up that would work but it would be long on mock up time...Jack

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you Jack. I was able to find one for the drivers side still need one for the pass. side.

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
Thank you Jack. I was able to find one for the drivers side still need one for the pass. side.
Did you pull the 1/4 panel door panel off and look down inside the 1/4 panel for it? I found both of mine laying down inside there on my car, they had obviously fell off were left in there!:yes:

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Did you pull the 1/4 panel door panel off and look down inside the 1/4 panel for it? I found both of mine laying down inside there on my car, they had obviously fell off were left in there!:yes:
One of mine was behind the rear 1/4 panel. My friend with a "69" found both in that same location. Guess it is common for them to pull off. Most of the guys I knew back in the day with 3rd Gen Nova's had trouble with the rear 1/4 windows in one way or another.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts