Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone. I have a little problem. I had my 63 painted about 5years ago and told the guy to strip it down to metal which he did and replace what ever needed replacement. 5 years later I got bubbles on the rear qtr panels. I grinded down the areas and found about 5lbs of bando. Now Im going to have them replaced. Who have you used to get your qtr panels? Mainly who is the best manufacture aout the that makes a good quality replacement qtr?

thanks, cesar

·
Registered
906 Posts
save yourself some grief and try to find a orig. gm qrt.panel:yes:
the repops dont fit as good as the generals qrt.panels,i have bought a repoped qrt. and ended up sending it back,metal is real thin,tailight pocket didnt fit right and so on,its alot of work to do a qrt to end up with a illfitting panel,there out there you just have to look
don

·
Registered
309 Posts
Not that it isn't good advice but I can't say I agree with Don on this one, have you ever seen the cost of a GM quarter "if you find one", it is expensive enough to do the job but then add $1200-$1500 for the part instead of $300-$500

·
Registered
906 Posts
I just bought one off a 65 ss thats strait and not rusted out for 150.00 you just have to look all over there are deals out there,the hard part to get is the tail panel that goes under the trunk,i took 4 years to find one one that wasnt rusted or bent up
don

1 - 4 of 4 Posts