Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just recently got a 63 2 dr post.. and wanting to do a pwr steering to it and disk brakes..been outa the game for alot of yrs so needing some advise..and on a real TIGHT budget.. so any help is great thanks
:)

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
if it were me, i think i'd save up a bit before buying a disc kit... plan on what direction you'd like your car to be going to in the future... are you planning on suspension upgrades, wheel/tire upgrades etc?

if in the future you'd like to run 17's then you have so many more options. the '98-'02 F body LS 12" discs front and rear can be done cheaper than buying a std style front and rear disc kit... but then what is your mechanical ability/experience level, that will come into play. here's a front disc kit with spindles, booster/master etc. http://www.getdiscbrakes.com/afxdc03c lesser part type kits can be had, just the discs, no booster but the single pot master really should be changed out and not used with the discs.

we can discuss disc options further if you'd like, suspension upgrades also... as far as the power steering. the stock system leaves a lot to be desired and in all honesty, it gives a false "feel" at highway speeds... personally i wouldn't recommend it. most guys actually remove it and swap to manual steering.

if you'd like to discuss an actual power assisted steering gear then at this time Borgeson is it... http://www.borgeson.com/xcart/catal..._Steering_Conversion-orderby_0-p-1-c-135.html

if you'd like to talk power rack & steering we can help with that too, that would be a Church Boys Racing system. it would need other parts to do the conversion, a arms, cross member, steering arms etc. this particular conversion is used by many members. it can be done in stages too which is cool and the complete car doesn't need to be torn down to do the conversion. http://www.churchboysracing.com/category/suspension-and-steering/

tell us more of your plans and we'll see if we can be of further assistance... welcome to the site, glad to have you with us. :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
disc and power steering

thanks to who replied to my eariler post!! alot of info and maybe a lack there of on mmy part..as im just in the begiinning stages and trying to figure out what to do for now..it was converted to 5 lug by previous owner..so as some rear quarter lower behind wheel needs some repair and im getting 2 new front fenders and im blasting the doors and trunk lid and smooth them out,then im taking to my work and having them powder coat in primer the doors...im thinking of dooing interrior then exterrior then motor and suspension..i had a 64 yrs 21 yrs ago and did the motor first and really didnt complete the rest since i was able to drive...what is a typical disk conversion and power steering change cost?? my wife has had some med issues lately and prob for a cpl more months..so thats why im on a budget..maybe just replacing the orig with new will help alot for now on suspension? and do a disk change ?? i dont know if going to 17 yet ?? maybe just 15 06 16?? all ur replies are very much appreciated,,thanks alot..as ill check to see more thanks again.......now after seeing the links u had given.. wondering if just maybe using a 70s style nova disk set up and pwr steering?? would that work?? im fairly handy... the other links look good but church set up out of my price range by far...but if loto its tonight then endless ..maybe even gold plating...lol..could only wish..thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts