Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my car to our local scale today to see how much weight reduction I was able to come up with. Last season, my car weighed 3340 lbs with 10 gallons of fuel, no driver. My new scale receipt shows 3150 lbs with 6 gallons of fuel, no driver :) I removed 190 lbs from the car this winter...hoping it doesn't rain on Saturday so I can make a few passes!!!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
glad ta hear this is planned weight reduction... we hear a lot about eating disorders these days... :rolleyes: :D :D :D

so what's yer time gonna be this season Dave ???

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
well that 500HP shot of NAWZZZZZZ he is using should have him in the 10's somewhere:rolleyes: :D

He has to stay ahead of the Kev and his secret weapon;)

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
DriveWFO said:
Why mess with 11s when you can go straight to 10s :D
well I think with the 125HP shot you tried last season you were somehwere in the 11's right? If thats so then a 500HP shot should, you would think, allow ya to hit the 10's.....at least once anyway:rolleyes: :D

the trick will be getting the car to hook;)

·
Premium Member
13,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
69NovaSS said:
well I think with the 125HP shot you tried last season you were somehwere in the 11's right? If thats so then a 500HP shot should, you would think, allow ya to hit the 10's.....at least once anyway:rolleyes: :D

the trick will be getting the car to hook;)
That would get me in the 9s :eek: Will have to put on a progressive nitrous controller to get me off the line. I've got my bottles plumbed into my 125hp plate kit and a 350hp fogger kit.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
DriveWFO said:
That would get me in the 9s :eek: Will have to put on a progressive nitrous controller to get me off the line. I've got my bottles plumbed into my 125hp plate kit and a 350hp fogger kit.

Well dont hit it all at once..get the car moving before ya hit the kill button...that should help with some of the traction issues and as long as they dont break loose farther down the track...It should be one heck of a ride...lol....good luck...wish it was me man:)

BTW get it on tape for us to see later:cool:

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
I only needed about a 200 shot to get in the 9's.

My 69 (was 6cyl/3 spd) weighed 3140 when stock, then it kept getting heavier with V-8, TH400, 12 bolt, rollbar....--it should be a hair under 3000 now that it's nearly gutted!.(lost about 100 lbs doing mini-tub)
The last time I weighed it many years ago, it was right at 3000.

·
Premium Member
13,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bowtie0069 said:
I only needed about a 200 shot to get in the 9's.

My 69 (was 6cyl/3 spd) weighed 3140 when stock, then it kept getting heavier with V-8, TH400, 12 bolt, rollbar....--it should be a hair under 3000 now that it's nearly gutted!.(lost about 100 lbs doing mini-tub)
The last time I weighed it many years ago, it was right at 3000.
I'm only running a 125hp plate kit...I was just joking around about the fogger :D Being that the 73/74s are heavier than the 68-72s to being with, I'm really happy with the weight I got this thing down to.

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
DriveWFO said:
I'm only running a 125hp plate kit...I was just joking around about the fogger :D Being that the 73/74s are heavier than the 68-72s to being with, I'm really happy with the weight I got this thing down to.

Now if there was just a way to lose all that dead weight behind the steering wheel:D :rolleyes: :)

J/K.....I was joking about the 500 shot of NAWZZZZZ too:)

·
Premium Member
8,046 Posts
Just think how light your car would be if it didn't have to carry that big head of yours. :D I won't mention your the size of your ego! :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
hell i dont even need any nawz to get in the high 8's, wfo, you better wear a diaper if you spray anymore than you have already ! lol hey you should have bought nasty's mill and you could of been in the low 11's on motor !

·
Premium Member
13,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
wannab said:
hell i dont even need any nawz to get in the high 8's, wfo, you better wear a diaper if you spray anymore than you have already ! lol hey you should have bought nasty's mill and you could of been in the low 11's on motor !
Yeah, I hear ya! I'm nasty's parts recycler, but I'm getting the Amish shaft now that he switched to a big block. Now why did ya have to go and convince him to do that?!?! :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
DriveWFO said:
I took my car to our local scale today to see how much weight reduction I was able to come up with. Last season, my car weighed 3340 lbs with 10 gallons of fuel, no driver. My new scale receipt shows 3150 lbs with 6 gallons of fuel, no driver :) I removed 190 lbs from the car this winter...hoping it doesn't rain on Saturday so I can make a few passes!!!
Heck you're almost as light as me! Good job, that should be good for a few more tenths on top of everything else you did. I added weight to mine this winter not to mention a little to myself also.:eek: I will be taking it back off though when I switch to the Weld pro stars.:)

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
sounds good dave.. just run the car now with only 4 or 5 gallons in it .dont fill the cell up. and hit that button right out of the gate:) :) :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts