Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:(I've been meaning to drop my starter for weeks now to shim it. Saturday my procrastination finally bit me in the butt. I hit the key and the the starter proceeded to knock a bunch of teeth off of the flywheel. Thank goodness I was sitting at home in my driveway. My laziness has translated into my now having to drop the Tremec to do a flywheel change. Oh what fun!!!
On the bright side though, this happened as I was putting the car away after completing my first road trip to Indianapolis and back for an Indiana Nova Club meeting. 150 mile round trip. The car performed flawlessly and never got above 180 degrees even in traffic. Don't have my electric speedo calibrated yet but I was cruising with traffic on the open highway at 2200 rpm and made it up there and back on one 16 gallon tank of gas (with 4.10s in the back and a TKO600 5 speed) so the day wasn't all bad.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
:(I've been meaning to drop my starter for weeks now to shim it. Saturday my procrastination finally bit me in the butt. I hit the key and the the starter proceeded to knock a bunch of teeth off of the flywheel. Thank goodness I was sitting at home in my driveway. My laziness has translated into my now having to drop the Tremec to do a flywheel change. Oh what fun!!!
On the bright side though, this happened as I was putting the car away after completing my first road trip to Indianapolis and back for an Indiana Nova Club meeting. 150 mile round trip. The car performed flawlessly and never got above 180 degrees even in traffic. Don't have my electric speedo calibrated yet but I was cruising with traffic on the open highway at 2200 rpm and made it up there and back on one 16 gallon tank of gas (with 4.10s in the back and a TKO600 5 speed) so the day wasn't all bad.
WOW, you must have been pretty far out of spec. You are lucky. TKO600's are SWEET. Glad you got to enjoy your car without having any problems until home. Jack

·
Registered
256 Posts
2200 on the freeway with 4.10's sounds amazing. One day, i will own a tremec... Sry to hear about your flywheel, we all procrastinate, and you've made me get off my a** and fix my horrible exhaust leak before it turns into something worse. Lol

Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts