Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If your running a 5/16 x 7.900 pushrod with factory 1.5 rockers does that change if you go to a 1.52. Also does a cam change requirer a change in length. I will be going from a 488/510 performer RPM lift cam to a 485/485 lift by Isky.
If it matters I am running Edlebrock performer RPM heads. Also if you could please explain how these two cam operate in the same RPM range.

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
Probably be best to get a pushrod length checker. Comp makes them. Jack, I changed over to a hydraulic roller Lunati cam and retro lifters and had to change to shorter pushrods. Not saying you will have to but checking is always the best.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is what I know. In use with standard cams all SBC roughly use the same length pushrods. When converting to a roller cam there are two lengths of pushrods.

Measure one of your pushrods and check with your cam maker.

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
Couldn't remember what the stock length was.:doh:
7.800 flat tappet and 7.200 factory hydraulic roller. I use a 7.100 or 7.150.

Just helping a buddy with his 72 Nova. He just spent $20,000 on paint, wheels, head upgrades, etc.. His Procomp heads( I wouldn't buy them after seeing the rocker arm to valve stem lineup) use a .100 longer pushrod also.

·
Registered
531 Posts
This topic requires a push rod checker regardless of what any company says. I have learned that the hard way. I am still not done since i order the wrong checker. It could get crafty id not done correct. Good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts