Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am referring to the summit racing brand push button start.it list for $8.95

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Has anyone installed one of theese or one similar?any input would be great.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can anyone tell me exactly how to install the sum-g1433 push button start?

·
Registered
762 Posts
This is what I use when we want to start the car from outside or when you are trying to set at TDC. One to + bat the other to s" on starter. Is this what you want? If not, Sorry, I tried.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would like to have a button inside the car.the one I want to use is the part number sum-g1433 summit push button start.I am curious as to how exactly you hook it up.any input would be great.thanks.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Looks like an easy install to me. Do you want to use this in place of the start function of the ignition key or as an auxiliary start function?
If this will replace the key function, this is the way I would do it:

1.Locate the wire from ignition switch that goes to the starter solenoid and remove it.
2. connect the wire to the new switch.
3. run a 12 volt feed wire to the new switch from the ignition switch, making sure that the source is keyed(meaning it only has 12 volts when key is on)
4. mount the new switch where it will not be bumped. This is also a cheap "anti theft devise" if concealed in a non-visable location, such as up under the dash,under seat, etc, but might be a pain in the butt after awhile.
One thing to keep in mind is that the switch should still be wired in with the neutral safety switch.Nobody wants to see a pic of your car halfway through the back garage wall:D

·
Registered
188 Posts
I wired mine in the other day. Take the purple wire from the column that feeds the starter solenoid and cut it. Strip both ends and attach them together on one side of the switch. Get a 12 volt source with the key on and attach it to the other side of the switch.

This setup will allow you to start the car with the key on using the push-button or use the key to start the car if you get lazy and don't want to use the push-button.

Some push buttons come with a light. I'm getting another set up open contacts for my switch and a 12 volt relay to get my push-button's light to come on when the switch it turned on, and then go out when I push the button. If you don't have access to 2 open sets of contacts, then 2 relays can be used.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts