Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I’m attempting to wire a push button start on the 67 and can’t get this to work properly. This is a cheap eBay switch panel that did not come with instructions. Here’s a few pics of how I have things wired up with the grounds and the jumped constant power.

Essentially I tried to test this by running 12v constant from the fuse panel, the and the ignition feed and the starter solenoid feed shown in the diagram. Is this right? When it’s all hooked up the car won’t turn over but it does “click.”

Also, on the push button switch there’s 4 terminals. 2 on the top, 2 on the bottom. How are each of these labeled and how should they be wired up?

Can anyone help me get this to work properly? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Battery power is what feeds your SOL that will in-gauge the starter. Just like a Hand held remote start button. ( or screw driver does)

·
6,592 Posts
Time to get out an ohm meter and figure out what terminals connect to what and when.

You may find some model numbers on things that may lead you to a diagram from the manufacturer.

Be aware, some of the switch contact ratings may or may not be enough for use on older cars. Exceed a rating and bad things can happen.

If the seller cannot supply any needed info on wiring, then I would return it and get what you need from somewhere else. Sometimes cheap is that way for a reason.

Jim

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Battery power is what feeds your SOL that will in-gauge the starter. Just like a Hand held remote start button. ( or screw driver does)
Thanks, Twisted. So should I run by battery feed from the ignition as the 12v constant or should I use this feed someplace else?

Time to get out an ohm meter and figure out what terminals connect to what and when.

You may find some model numbers on things that may lead you to a diagram from the manufacturer.

Be aware, some of the switch contact ratings may or may not be enough for use on older cars. Exceed a rating and bad things can happen.

If the seller cannot supply any needed info on wiring, then I would return it and get what you need from somewhere else. Sometimes cheap is that way for a reason.

Jim
Thanks, Jim. I'm on a slight budget so I wanted to try to get this done cheaply if possible. I really appreciate the insight.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts