Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I used PUI on my 64 for the most part they were fine but had trouble with the front top cover had to have a local shop take it apart and redo it . it had some bad stiching and the wrinkles would not pull out , talked with the place i bought them and no help tried to say they would come out in the sun .

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I talked to a shop today and he said he hasn't seen any aftermarket covers that fit well, he said most will have wrinkles. He quoted me $600 to install front and rear covers, with new foam, and fixing a bad spring I have in the front seat. Or he can make custom covers, installed would be $1,100. I definitely wasn't planning on spending that much, maybe I will strap four milk crates to the floor. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
I bought this P.U.I. interior kit in April 2003. Installed everything myself. Door panels, headliner, sail panels, both bucket seats, rear seat, package tray and sun visors. I even had extra material to recover all four arm rests. Fit was great. I had no issues or problems. No wrinkles. Not even in the headliner. The little Nova emblem on the door panel was from the OLD panel. I had to glue it on. Last year it fell off so I just re glued it. Also the Chrome vertical bars on the seat backs came from the old seats.

Bryan

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought this P.U.I. interior kit in April 2003. Installed everything myself. Door panels, headliner, sail panels, both bucket seats, rear seat, package tray and sun visors. I even had extra material to recover all four arm rests. Fit was great. I had now issues or problems. No wrinkles. Not even in the headliner. The little Nova emblem on the door panel was from the OLD panel. I had to glue it on. Last year it fell off so I just re glued it. Also the Chrome vertical bars on the seat backs came from the old seats.
Wow, that looks great. I don't have the skill, confidence, desire or time to recover them myself. I think my best bet is to fix the small tears I have in the front seat and spray it with some SEM vinyl paint and leave it. The back I will definitely need to have done since its just the bare springs right now. I can always redo the front down the road. I just want to drive my car and enjoy it for a while.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
We've had excellent luck with them. Had one customer with a wagon that had a fitment issue with the headliner. We haven't gotten that one figured out yet. :confused::confused: We sold an identical headliner to another customer that fit with no problem.

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
Got mine from Nightshade also:yes: Very happy with them.

·
Super Moderator
67 4 door, 65 wagon (in pieces)
6,636 Posts
Got mine from Nightshade as well. Installed them myself over Christmas a few years ago. Lack of warmth made it a little more difficult, but I was able to get it done.

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
I did PUI seat covers in both my 1st gen and 2nd gen(got them from nightshade)Both came out very nice!!I had a minor problem with the cutom color ones on my 67 but PUI/Nightshade took care of me immediately:yes:I would highly recommend them...especially for the price!!:yes:

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
I GOT A SET BUT I'M NOT GONNA USE THEM! :no:

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
PUI upholstery is pretty much the standard and are nice covers. I've also used Legendary upholstery, which are a much better fit and construction. As far as I can tell though, Legendary doesn't make Nova upholstery, I've only ever seen A body upholstery for GM's.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
PUI upholstery is pretty much the standard and are nice covers. I've also used Legendary upholstery, which are a much better fit and construction. As far as I can tell though, Legendary doesn't make Nova upholstery, I've only ever seen A body upholstery for GM's.
No nova stuff listed in the catalog I have.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I did PUI covers on the the front and rear bench seats. The rear fit well. The front's seat belt holes didn't line up and the square cut-out for the seat-back pivots didn't line up either. I had an interior guy cut the stitches and re-sow it. My PUI head rest covers were completely the wrong size too. Of course it's possible that it's not the original bench seat but that was disappointing.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts