Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'll be there on Saturday to watch. I'll stop by & say hi. What's it cost to run 3 days there?

·
Registered
20 Posts
are you guy's driving your novas ? if so I will be on the look out for you guy's stop by and introduce my self :cool:

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll be there on Saturday to watch. I'll stop by & say hi. What's it cost to run 3 days there?
well i only run trophy class which is 20 bucks with 10 dollar buy backs if there is enough cars. so for all three days its about 200 bucks thats with crew passes and parking passes ( i dont have a truck or trailer :no: ) so i drive it there and then drive it home :yes:

·
Registered
190 Posts
well i only run trophy class which is 20 bucks with 10 dollar buy backs if there is enough cars. so for all three days its about 200 bucks thats with crew passes and parking passes ( i dont have a truck or trailer :no: ) so i drive it there and then drive it home :yes:
Ok, cool. Got a picture of your car & a name so I can stop by & say hi? --Damon

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
my name is jim nelson and here is my car
This almost makes you sound James Bond - Like. Or like someone who is gonna go do something bad. Like, I'm Johnny Hardass and here is my gun...

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This almost makes you sound James Bond - Like. Or like someone who is gonna go do something bad. Like, I'm Johnny Hardass and here is my gun...
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:...... does it really sound like that i was just trying to be polite :confused:

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well i made two passes on friday and i got busted for a leaking trans front pump seal ( main pump not little seal ) so i drove around most the day trying to find a trans flywheel cover any ways i went 12.58 first pass with a crappy 60ft time oh and i red lite my second pass wasnt much of an improvement with a 12.48 and still a crappy 60ft time so i called it ................. i found a cover put it on last night :yes: went to track this mornig first pass was again a 12.55 with a 1.80 60ft :no: i couldnt figure it out called my father whos in colorado and he told me to put the timing a 40* advanced so i did that and my car picked up went 12.43 with a poopy 60ft went quicker 12.32 on the third pass and on my forth pass i went 12.38 so what to do for sunday NOTHING GONNA LEAVE IT ALONE :yes: im really pissed that my mt dragradials are not sticky after a pass so tomorrow im going to go against the manufactuers advice an smoke th bah jesus out of my dragradials :yes: and see what that does

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
first pass with a crappy 60ft time ................. : im really pissed that my mt dragradials are not sticky after a pass so tomorrow im going to go against the manufactuers advice an smoke th bah jesus out of my dragradials :yes: and see what that does
Jim, I was feeling the same way about my ET Street Radials, they were just not hooking. Then I added some gap to the snubbers on my slapper bars and went with 16 psi (up from 13). Got my 60 ft down to 1.67 from 1.75-1.85s. This was with a short burnout, leaving about 1000 rpm. Good luck, let us know how it goes today.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
my name is jim nelson and here is my car

Dam Jim, when was this pic taken, u looked a lil slimmer when i met ya. it was probably hot that DAY & made u swell up.......J/K!!!!

too bad this wasnt on the weekend i was there, always wanted to chk out a PCSA event... looks like u had fun.... good luck on ur next outing...

funny how those DR's like about 15psi.... & all these dam imports run like 2 psi in their slicks. saw a couple of Ricey's when i was @ irwindale, the dam rim looked like it was sitting on the ground & i was gonna tell him he had a flat....

JOHN

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
So Jim, how did you do?? Did you smoke the beegees out of your ET Streets? Did it help your 60 fts?? Enquiring minds wanna know.:D:yes:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts