Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as the title says, Proud new owner of a LS1 motor. My buddy came up to me at our weekly poker game last night. And tell's me he knows where a 5.7 and 6.0 LS motor is located. I'm like, REALLY? So we went today to check them out. I was pretty sure I was not going to be able to afford the 6.0 motor. And I was correct, he was asking $3,500 for the hole thing(bottom dollar). He was originally asking $4,500 for it. The motor I bought he was originally asking $2,500 for it. But we manage to get him down to $1,700 for the motor, wiring harness, The computer, and every except for the power steering pump. Oh, the wiring harness will be up for sell here shortly. The car it came of was a 2000 camaro with factory 6 speed tranny. I would post some pic's but I won't receive the motor until next week. The motor is actually still in the car. But soon as get it I will post some pic's.

·
Premium Member
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm sorrry.
:p:p:p:p:p:devil: Sorry but I have been wanting to build me a Turbo version of these motors for quite some time. Just haven't really had the time, money or vehicle. Well now I had the money and time to do it. Now weather it's the right car or not remains to be seen. I have always wanted a Sleeper(of sorts)for the street. And I have seen some really nasty LS1's around here. SOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo?

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
:p:p:p:p:p:devil: Sorry but I have been wanting to build me a Turbo version of these motors for quite some time. Just haven't really had the time, money or vehicle. Well now I had the money and time to do it. Now weather it's the right car or not remains to be seen. I have always wanted a Sleeper(of sorts)for the street. And I have seen some really nasty LS1's around here. SOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo?
Just messing with you Robert, I know they can make some HP.. Good luck with it and I will be watching your build.

Did you say your car is over there by that glass shop? I passed by there yesterday going to look at a wagon like yours.

·
Premium Member
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you say your car is over there by that glass shop? I passed by there yesterday going to look at a wagon like yours.
Yup, that's where it's sitting right now. And actually me and Gordon will be at the shop at 10:00 today to finish putting on the lowering springs. So if you would like to come by let me know. And if you do decide to come by, just pound on the High bay door. We usually keep the big door down when it's just me and Gordon working on our cars in the back. Don't want any one to sneak up on us with our backs turned. Paranoid? hmmmmmmmm MAYBE! lol

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
So is this the last piece of the puzzle (lowering springs) for your wagon to be a DD for now? What's your time frame for the LS? I assume you'll enjoy driving your wagon for a while first? Looking forward to seeing some pics.

·
Premium Member
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So is this the last piece of the puzzle (lowering springs) for your wagon to be a DD for now? What's your time frame for the LS? I assume you'll enjoy driving your wagon for a while first? Looking forward to seeing some pics.
I am hoping to have the LS1 up and running in the next(or as money allows) 4 months. As far as diving it on the street. I have a little carb issue right now that I have to fix(stuck float, I hope). But I am hoping to have it dirving real soon.

·
Premium Member
5,542 Posts
Have I turned into Rip VanWinkle? Robert, you done with the wagon?
I'd like to see the build of the LS also!

Mark

·
Premium Member
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Have I turned into Rip VanWinkle? Robert, you done with the wagon?
I'd like to see the build of the LS also!

Mark
As far as being done...........................well once the motor is in? pretty much. I say that because I want to put a Ford 9'' rear end under the car with upgraded axles, posi and gears. But that's down the road and should be a weekend project. I will post pic's of the engine install once that begins.

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
Yup, that's where it's sitting right now. And actually me and Gordon will be at the shop at 10:00 today to finish putting on the lowering springs. So if you would like to come by let me know. And if you do decide to come by, just pound on the High bay door. We usually keep the big door down when it's just me and Gordon working on our cars in the back. Don't want any one to sneak up on us with our backs turned. Paranoid? hmmmmmmmm MAYBE! lol
Smart move keeping the door closed these days, you never know. Actually when I got back from that way I could smell my brakes hanging up in the right rear of my 01 Silverado. Could see a some blueing in the rotor, but the truck would still roll thru them at idle so they were just starting. Went out in the driveway at 8:00 am this morning and took them apart. Didn't feel like waiting for the rotors to be turned(one got hot anyways) so I bought 2 new rotors, 2 reman. calipers, and a set of Thermoquiet pads. Finished by 10:00 and that was including going to get parts. Then I managed to get one park light cut out in my new fiberglass front bumper that's going on my car. I don't get by there too often, but I'll have to stop by there some time.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Sweet, now lets build some HP......:yes:

·
Premium Member
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well here she is in all her glory. lol
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

1 - 20 of 36 Posts