Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My prostreet 70' Nova

I got this car back in 04'. Drove it into my garage and started the tear down. Here's a quick run down to bring it up to date.

picked up in 04'

competetion ladder bar setup, with coil overs
and 2x3 frame all done by me.

I narrowed the 8.5 10 bolt rear on a budget. Did it myself and filled it with richmond 4.56's locking diff and moser axles

I sandblasted and painted the sub frame, installed all new prothane bushings
and a SSBC disk brake kit

Smoothed firewall

Engine in

starting body work

That brings us to about 2008. Then it was kinda put off for awhile and sat in the garage.

here is summer 2012

had an old scoop laying around and my 2in lift off hood, soooo why not right?

inside...dang thats dirty:(

heres the engine:

355 ci, 10:1cr, comp mutha thumper, stock iron heads w/some work 202/160
eddy rpm air gap and quick fuel slayer 750. Behind that is a TH350 with a 3000 stall

this year i want to finish up the body work and lay down some satin black on it, finish up some interior stuff and tinker under the hood some:cool:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Looks killer man. I love the stance and the fact you didn't farm it out, you did it yourself. Good job. Do you feel the 4.56 gears are enough. I only ask cause I had a s-10 blazer I tubbed and tried 3 different gear sets till I finally ended up with 4.86 with 31in tire.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i guess if i was building it strickly for the track only i would run a steeper gear out back. RIght now though at 55mph its spinning at around 2800rpm with the 31 x18.50's. Probably on the safe side but im happy with that for the street and actually this thing will spin up those mickey's pretty quick.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice work, looks good :) What color are you planning on or are you going to leave it satin black?
I think im going to rock the satin black for awhile. I've seen a few and i really dig the clean, i guess you could call no nonsense, look you can achieve especially when the chrome and trim work is all shined up

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Nice ride:yes: What size tires are you running front & rear?

Todd

·
Registered
626 Posts
Nice work you have done you must feel very proud to have done it yourself says alot for your craftsman ship. I too love the stance you set the back nice and low over the big tires that's nice!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks. There's a small bit of pride there for sure:)
I was always the kind of person that would rather do it myself then farm it out, unless it cost more to buy the tools or equiptment then to do the job. I spent a lot of time with my head in chassis books, asking questions at local tracks, studying pictures and articles in magazines and guys projects online, all before i ever started cutting. Its been a long and arduous process but its worth it.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Beautiful car, nice work. But get rid of them damn deathtrap seats!

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
FOR SOME REASON THIS IS MY FAVORITE PIC!
AT THIS POINT IDA KNEW YOU MEANT BUSINESS!
:cool:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Looks killer man. I love the stance and the fact you didn't farm it out, you did it yourself. Good job. Do you feel the 4.56 gears are enough. I only ask cause I had a s-10 blazer I tubbed and tried 3 different gear sets till I finally ended up with 4.86 with 31in tire.
Thats correct,but remember for every 1" of tire size you change the ratio 10%,so tire size does make a difference

·
Registered
50 Posts
And just to add a little more to the 80's prostreet look.....

I think it looks good as a center piece for the kitchen table too. The wife on the other hand not so much:D
Now thats funny,a woman I dated before my wife couldn't believe that I had 2 carburators on the kitchen table rebuilding them,and later she told my wife,but I don't see the problem,because they were cleaned,and it is my house

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
LOL, well since I dont have a garage at the house yet the kitchen was the warmest place with a workbench.....AKA dinner table.:D

Lay out some news paper and some old t-shirts for rags and went to town... my wife actually doesnt mind but she was like, " If you want dinner, you will find another place for that."

This will be my fist time messing with a tunnel ram. I've been all over the web gathering info on setting them up and tuning them. I have some old school Holley books and some new ones on the way. Got it for a heck of a deal, almost too good to pass up.

Everything was new, never used, just 15yrs old. Still in box I paid $475 for the Eddy street ram intake and two of the notoriously hated 450cfm holleys :bored: . I added the scoop for $160, adjustable fuel line was $39, and two rebuild kits( wanted to freshen em up) were $60. Got two 50cc acclerator convertion kits for $45 in case i need them. So far im in it for $780 bones. Guess thats not too bad.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts