Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finally getting close to trying to purchase a 1967 Nova SS. I know that a car that has had a different motor or transmission installed is never going to be nearly as valuable as a numbers matching car, but what other obvious things should I be aware of (that I may not actually be aware of) when making an investment in such a car, other than making sure it's not a bondo bucket or rust laden? For instance, if a car has an extremely nice new paint job, but it's not an original Chevy Nova color, will the car's value be lowered and if so, by approximately, now much? I'm also seeking to know what other kinds of things either add or subtract from how much I should be willing to pay? (Such as custom steering wheel, vintage air, headers, mild cam, etc. I just don't want to learn that I tremendously overpaid, or passed up on a 'steal' simply because I was uninformed. Thank you for any help you can provide.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
IMHO You are talking about 2 different things - numbers matching / original cars have one group of people who are interested and then there are those who like classic cars. It all depends on what you want and are looking for... Comparison shopping is always a good thing - a non #'s matching in fair to good shape would be 12-20.. Depending in what it is... Can't say what a #'s matching would run... Lots of options / choices - up to you what you want to pay.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

1 - 2 of 2 Posts