Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have a pic of how this is supposed to connect up.. Not sure if the rod to the trans should be on the inside or outside of the center bellhousing linkage. I have it connected on the outside and it kinda binds up.. I want to put this on before I put the motor in my car.. Looks like it'd be near impossible to do it after.

-Tom

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Vendor
1,835 Posts
Are you putting in a V8 with a powerglide? If I recall, the rod from the "z-bar" to the tranny mounts on the outside arm and the rod to the carb mounts on the inside one. Also, I seem to remember the "z-bar" does not mount on the top center portion of the tranny, but more in the 10 to 11 o'clock position. My wagon had an original V8 drive train in it, but that car has been gone since '04 so going by memory here. The '64 shop or assembly manuals should cover this. Indispensable resources.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright I think I've got it down. I need to get the 64 manuals. I just have the 63 books. Yeah I put it at about 11:00 on the trans. Interesting about the top carb rod. I wasn't sure if it went on the top or bottom of the bracket.

-Tom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts