Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
17x8 with a 245x45. Now you can't drive it, but it will fit.

Click on the pic to read.

Jan 2002 NNN

·
Premium Member
3,366 Posts
No rubbing:no: I could of went with a half inch more BS to get it closer to the leaf spring. The only time it has ever rubbed is going into a driveway and turning at the same time with both kids and my dad in the car. It is a 225 not 245 tire though the 245 would not fit.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have 235 tires on my 17x8 torq thrust IIs and haven't had a problem. I drove the crap out of my 65 sedan with them on and no trouble. Its close but no rubbing.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
:poke::poke:As high as those to cars are you could run 31x9.5 BFG A/T tires & they wouldn't rub.
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
on my wagon i'm running a 235/45/17 on a 8" wheel and had the springs de-arched 2".i have a little rubbing on the passanger side if i take a left turn to fast.
with perfect backspace(5" on my car)i could have run a 245 and had little to no rubbing issues.

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
Right On!!

Yea but how fast can you take a turn?:eek:
Hey Deuce, I never had a problem with rubbing until the Power Tour. With the trunk full of luggage and wife and I in the car, I started to hear a slight rub on right hand turns over 55-60 mph. I couldn't believe it at first, then I took a look at the next gas stop. It wasn't bad enough to hurt anything but the last two days in Kentucky and Tennessee was when it started.
When I got home I figured my car had settled about 3/4 inch, front and back from driving 1700 miles on the tour.

·
Premium Member
3,366 Posts
:poke::poke:As high as those to cars are you could you could run 31x9.5 BFG A/T tires & they wouldn't rub.
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
Ah man I got the 1" lowering leaf springs and the CO's are as low as they can go! It has come down a bit since that pic I have put alot more miles on it, the springs are all brand new.:)

so what did you do to fit those rims and tires?
mini-tubb?
narrowed rear end?

Stock tubs but the rearend is narrowed. Same size would fit with the stock width rearend but it would need a different backspace on the wheels.

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Gee, that convertible is a real collectable...one of one, super rare, 1964 SS convertible. Must have been a typo in Nova Times? :devil:

Nova65ss, very nice car. Do you have other pics of the 'vert posted on Steves?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Hey Deuce, I never had a problem with rubbing until the Power Tour. With the trunk full of luggage and wife and I in the car, I started to hear a slight rub on right hand turns over 55-60 mph. I couldn't believe it at first, then I took a look at the next gas stop. It wasn't bad enough to hurt anything but the last two days in Kentucky and Tennessee was when it started.
When I got home I figured my car had settled about 3/4 inch, front and back from driving 1700 miles on the tour.
Too close for comfort for me. Every time you make a turn your cringing waiting for the dreaded rub noise - trust me ive been there.
Blue66deucex2's wagon settled alot too, but we put 6500 miles on his car. It started to rub while hard turning through parking lots but a re-alignment seemed to cure that.

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Gee, that convertible is a real collectable...one of one, super rare, 1964 SS convertible. Must have been a typo in Nova Times? :devil:QUOTE]

FYI It's not a typo. Wayne took a 63 convertible and made a 64 SS out of it, just like Chevrolet should have done. In some sense I guess it was one of one. A Phantom car, like the 66-67 convertibles you see on occasion.

Rich

1 - 14 of 14 Posts