Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 558 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started tearing down the beater 350 in preparation the Wicked 383 build-up. She's gonna be a wild one for sure!

·
Premium Member
13,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The beater 350 had a good bit of blow-by. It's a wonder she ran so darn good!

·
Premium Member
13,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The BLS 350 is in the bag and the Wicked 383 4-bolt, 010/020 block is dirty and ready for machining:

·
Premium Member
13,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
teddisnoke said:
So much for running a 350 shot of nitrous through the old girl ?
Don't wanna grenade her on purpose...she's gonna be a spare motor :)

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
Dave....will it be a 400 block or 350 block based 383?:)

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Two freeze plugs and a 4 bolt I'm guessing a 350 block. Dave your getting me all wound up here, I'm ready to pull my motor. Nah...not yet.;)

I heard you mention an aftermarket block in another thread. I was checking into it a bit last week, not a bad idea for a strip motor.:)

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
hmmm...his 10/20 4 bolt block is sounding a lot like the BLS block...Hey Kev....you better make sure Dave isnt pulling a fast one on ya and giving ya his old two bolt block instead:)

Ya I noticed the plugs and bottom end but Dave is not normally as forth coming with info like he has been so far with the 383 motor build so I was thinking maybe he trying to pull the ol' wool over our eyes and build a 400+ cube motor instead...but tell us its a 383...

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
69NovaSS said:
hmmm...his 10/20 4 bolt block is sounding a lot like the BLS block...Hey Kev....you better make sure Dave isnt pulling a fast one on ya and giving ya his old two bolt block instead:)

Ya I noticed the plugs and bottom end but Dave is not normally as forth coming with info like he has been so far with the 383 motor build so I was thinking maybe he trying to pull the ol' wool over our eyes and build a 400+ cube motor instead...but tell us its a 383...
He..He..That Dave can be sneaky.:D

I think it could be either, I was just playing the odds.:)

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
Repointer said:
He..He..That Dave can be sneaky.:D

I think it could be either, I was just playing the odds.:)

So we agree then....those Amish types are sneaky and cant be trusted to tell us how many horese they have in the barn and what kind of special feed they are feeding them:D:)

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
69NovaSS said:
So we agree then....those Amish types are sneaky and cant be trusted to tell us how many horese they have in the barn and what kind of special feed they are feeding them:D:)

he feeds 'em Squirrel food... Super-Secret Secret-Squirrel food :D :D :D

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
I'm going over to Dave's house tonight... I'll let the squirrel out of the bag.

Kev (Private novaboard investigator:))

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
novaboy009 said:
I'm going over to Dave's house tonight... I'll let the squirrel out of the bag.

Kev (Private novaboard investigator:))
thats funny stuff:D....good one Kev:)

·
Premium Member
13,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You guys crack me up :D I thought about the aftermarket block route, but the cost is prohibitive this time around. It's really gonna be a 383 (350 block)...trust me :geek:

I dropped the heads off this morning and got a tour of his shop. All I gotta say is WOW!!! I was like a kid in a candy store!!! He has an in-house dyno room and I'm sure he's gonna have to mop up all the drool I left there :) I'm anxiously awaiting to hear the baseline flow numbers.

And Paul, just for you, I'm getting data at every .050" :)

·
Premium Member
13,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I dropped the block off at the machine shop for them to begin working on it today :) I drained the oil out of the 2-bolt beater motor and it has a nice copper flake in it. Wonder what's left of the bearings :eek:

(I beat that 2-bolt like a rented mule)

·
Premium Member
13,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the TORCH said:
didja get any oil on the floor ??? :rolleyes:
A little bit, but I made sure Kev didn't get any of that Chevy Orange POR15 on my floor!

1 - 20 of 558 Posts