Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, since I noticed there is quite a bit of interest in the new 4-bar rear suspensions that are being offered, I thought I would post a couple of progress shots of my project, We're using the TCI coilover front with their new 4-bar rear.

The TCI rear kit was a pretty straight forward install it's completely bolt in but I think I'll weld it also, the car has the stock tubs with a 245/40/17 on a 17x8 and 225/45/17 17x7 up front. Ford 9" was cut down to 53 inches flange to flange, which is 58 @ the wheel mount surfaces. This left ample room betweeen the rear wheels and the 1/4 panel lip.

Some input on the front: I tried an Ididit Nova retro column and found I couldn't get around the header (Headman Elite 68168) then realized the column is only 30". I ended up ordering a 32" column with a 3/4-36 shaft instead of the DD which is how it normally comes because I already had a Heidts brand steering shaft and u-joint kit to fit the nova spline. Fitment is great with the 32". :D

Hoping now that most of the fab work is done the project might speed up a bit.

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
That looks awesome so far. Keep up the good work and keep posting pictures.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, It's gonna be getting a 700 tranny. The rear install took a couple of hours over 3 nights, really basic tools required for the install. Looking forward to driving this car hoping for a real corner carver.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the comments, I'm 2 years in now:eek: , but it's only left my garage once...to be sandblasting.

They are full floors pans, it came in 2 halves. I think they are from Cars Inc., the fit was pretty good. Now Goodmark makes a 1 piece replacement ( wish I had known, oh well) The seat braces are from a friend that bought them years ago and never used them but I believe they are widely available on the aftermarket.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Man, your car is looking great!
I'm just getting started with my '67 wagon. I just ordered the same TCI front clip and am waiting for it to get here. In the mean time I'm in the process of installing the same full floor panels from Cars, Inc. Good to hear that the fit was ok. Also, I got the seat braces from Cars...75 bucks each!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just a quick note to the 'vert owners out there:
The TCI 4-Link system is not as "bolt-in" as it appears to be for the hardtops. The verts have extra cross bracing in the floorpan under the rear seat which interferes with the mounting of the backplates on the interior, and the frame rails seem to be 'boxed' underneath so that the notch that the 4-link crossmember is supposed to fit against doesn't exist. It's hard to explain. I'll try to get some pics up that may help. Just plan on a bunch of extra time for measuring, welding, and floorpan modifications.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts