Chevy Nova Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Mid-day break. Been making progress the last couple weeks a couple hours at a time. Seat brackets took forever drill out. But now wheel wells are out and ground down.. Next on the list is to cut out the floor pan. Little at a time but happy so far considering I have no experience doing this.
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Composite material Automotive exterior

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Ingredient Automotive exterior

Registered
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Spent a few hours here and there. Got the rough cut of the he floor pan and frames done. Working on the flanges cleaning up the cuts Hopefully next time I post an update frame rails will be patched up and new tubs in 馃
Wood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Fixture Composite material

Wood Architecture Mode of transport Road surface Composite material

Automotive tire Hood Tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Does it look like the driver side rear has been hit..? Is the frame rail underneath kinked up..?
The trunk deck sheet metal around the inner wheel tub looks deformed a little bit.. Could be a lighting illusion but I have seen this type of damage before.. If it is deformed you鈥檒l probably want to address this before you weld in the new wheel tubs.. Otherwise, you鈥檒l be locking in the tweaked rail and your TCI crossmember uses the trunk floor and frame rail to reference its position..
View attachment 438604
Thanks to your keen eye I have been giving that area some more attention. You're right it looks like the impact was bigger than first thought. When I got looking at the frame closer there was some straightening done. It will be behind the rear end at least. Shouldn't be a major issue moving forward. Probably going to cut out the left taillight area and replace.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts