Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So As some of you know several years ago I had to sell my 65 2 door sedan due to divorce. Life sucked and tears were shed. Well 2+ years ago Schwabie was kind enough to make a donation of a dented wavy bondo'd 63 wagon shell with some parts to get the project started (hence the nickname Donation Wagon lol). From that day I started collecting parts here and there, Sheepdog gave me his old hood, picked up some other odds and ends here and there. Fast forward to yesterday and I finally started on it. I say I but really the body shop next door has a slow week so they finally had time to look at the shell. Couple of rear hits and a buckled sub frame were a some of the fun we are working to remedy. Plans are an 6.0 LS/4L80E/8.8" 3.73 ford rearend. I know this thing will never be perfect looking without some panel replacement but for now I'll get it as straight as I can and roll with it. Saved it from the sawzall so it's a win in my book lol. My goal is to drive it to the 2020 Nova family reunion.

Miles
Thanks Sheepdog and a huge thanks to Schwabie! NPHNP to the extreme!

Attachments

·
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Figures just as I finished the first post and my engine/tranny arrived a day early. Picked it up for $500, ad was for the engine and never mentioned the tranny. His picture was from the front of the engine so could not see the tranny in the pics either. Was a nice surprise for sure. It's an LQ4/4L80e from a 2005 Chevy 2500HD with 87,649 miles on it. He thought it was a 5.3, he just started buying vehicles at auction to part out and said so far he is making pretty good money at it. I'll be freshening the engine up before install so that will be a project for later. My goal is a modest 400+HP at the crank which should be doable with a cam swap and tune if what I have been reading is correct.

Miles

Attachments

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Great to see another project saved from the parts pile. Looks like you have great friends out there. Some have helped me out with parts along my journey too. Can't wait to see your project take shape

·
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL yeah it's been too long and this poor thing needed saving. Still lots of parts to find/buy/barter etc... First LS motor for me so just finding all the parts I will need to squeeze this in the nova.

Miles

·
Super Moderator
3,998 Posts
And another one fights the rust. I love the idea of saving that wagon. From the pictures you probably need a lot, but don't know everything it came with. Will definitely follow the thread, and as you go, maybe list what you are after, big or small. I'll always check the parts bin.

·
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is a budget build to get me back in a nova. Thanks to Schwabie I have a lot of parts to get me started plus other stuff I have snagged from here and there over the last couple years. I have fenders, radiator support, inner fenders, 5 lug front drum suspension with all new bushings, steering column, steering wheel, extra set of doors, most of the glass and other odds and ends. I may be getting a new ccp lower a arm kit in a trade I'm doing right now but future would like CBR suspension. It's going to be slow as free time is hard to come by these days and with this summer heat I just want to be in the pool lol. I do plan on disc brakes up front, I have some 17 wheels, a complete 8.8 rearend I already built but plan to regear from 3.55 to 3.73. I will try to remember to take pictures along the way.

Miles

·
Registered
78 Posts
Subscribed!! Im diggin the patina with the "KILA" Christian Radio decal on the tailgate, it brings a nostalgic touch..Longroofs are supercool!!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Figures just as I finished the first post and my engine/tranny arrived a day early. Picked it up for $500, ad was for the engine and never mentioned the tranny. His picture was from the front of the engine so could not see the tranny in the pics either. Was a nice surprise for sure. It's an LQ4/4L80e from a 2005 Chevy 2500HD with 87,649 miles on it. He thought it was a 5.3, he just started buying vehicles at auction to part out and said so far he is making pretty good money at it. I'll be freshening the engine up before install so that will be a project for later. My goal is a modest 400+HP at the crank which should be doable with a cam swap and tune if what I have been reading is correct.

Miles
John Dougherty has a cam swap that is perfect for what you’re looking for.

·
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quick update: Yesterday I picked up a 2005 GTO oil pan, intake, fuel rails, & injectors. So that gets me a little closer for the motor install. My buddy is trying to talk me in to a bigger cam but my goal is a good reliable streetable motor that has a kick when needed. I was thinking the 400ish HP range would be good.

Miles

·
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So I still have not settled on a cam but not in a super rush as I don't have a lot of free time right now. Question for the LS guys, will the truck offset belt accessories work or do I need the corvette offset to fit?

Miles

1 - 20 of 20 Posts