Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HERE ARE SOME PICS, OF YESTERDAY'S DECONSTRUCTION, OF MY WIFE'S 70 NOVA!
WE BOUGHT THIS NOVA COUPLE WEEKS AGO, IN CANNAN, CT...JUST ABOUT INTO THE MASSACHUSSETS BORDER. IT WAS BURIED IN THE WOODS BEHIND A STORE! YOU'D NEVER KNOW IT WAS THERE......SINCE IT IS NO WAY VISIBLE TO TRAFFIC ONLOOKERS. IN FACT, WE ONLY GOT THE LEAD ON IT BECAUSE WE INQUIRED ABOUT NOVAS, AT A MASSACUSSETS CLASSIC CAR JUNKYARD SPOT, WE KNOW OF. AT FIRST GLANCE....IT'S THE TWIN!! CLOSER SIGHT REVEALED HOW RUFF IT IS. VERY WORKABLE CONSIDERING WE HAVE JUST ABOUT EVERY NEW PANEL AND A PARTS CAR! BEST PART OF ALL, IT IS COMPLETE CAR WITH A FRAME....A MINT FRAME!!!
SOME OF YOU ON HERE, ARE AWARE THAT WE (I) WAS TALKING ABOUT MY WIFES NOVA AWHILE BACK. TRUTH TO THE MATTER, THIS MAKES NOVA #2! THE FIRST ONE GOT HACKED BY SOMEONE WHO CLAIMED TO KNOW ABOUT RESTORING CARS. CUT THE ENTIRE BACK HALF (BOTH REAR FRAME RAILS ALL THE WAY BACK TO THE BACK SEAT, TAIL PANEL, REAR END DROPPED AND COMPLETE TRUNK FLOOR) OF THE NOVA. HE ABANDONED IT! IT CURRENTLY SITS NOT MOVEABLE ON 2 FRONT TIRES....WHILE JACK STANDS, HOLD THE REST OF THE BODY IN PLACE!! IT'S A DAMN SHAME -THE 1ST ONE (THE HACKED ONE), IS "BETTER" OF THE TWO.....IF IT WASN'T HACKED UP! NOW THAT NOVA'S LIFE, IS TO BRING THE NEWLY BOUGHT NOVA BACK FROM THE DEAD!!
MY SCHOOL INSTRUCTOR, MY WIFE AND I, STARTED THE DECONSTRUCTION PHASE! EVERYONE WAS READY TO DIVE HEAD FIRST INTO THIS PROJECT. NO ONE WANTED TO TOUCH THE INTERIOR THO! PRIOR TO DECONSTRUCTION, WE HAD TO SPRAY CLEANERS AND BUG SPRAYS TO KILL ALL THE VARIOUS KINDS OF BUGS THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE CAR. MAN...THERE WAS ALOT!! AS WE WERE CLEANING, MICE STARTED COMING UP FROM THE SEATS AND IN THE TRUNK AREA!! NOT ****ING COOL! NEEDLESS TO SAY, I WAS THE ONE, WHO HAD THE PLEASURE (NOT) OF DOING MOST OF THE "TEARING OUT THE INTERIOR" JOB. OH..MY WIFE GOT IN THERE TOO! AFTERALL, ITS HER CAR!!!
FIRST DAY, WENT BY SMOOTH! TOOK US 4 HRS, TO GET IT STRIPPED TO THE POINT WHERE ITS AT NOW! I WAS HATING LIFE, DEALING WITH THOSE STUBBORN DOOR HINGE PINS! OTHER THAN THAT AND THE INTERIOR, IT WAS A SMOOTH RIDE!
ANYWAYS....HERE ARE PICS OF THE BUILD THUS FAR! THE 1ST "FINISHED" PIC, REPRESENTS WHAT MY WIFE WANTS HER NOVA TO BE LIKE WHEN COMPLETED!! SHE'S GOING WITH THE METALLIC PLUM CRAZY PURPLE W/BLACK COWL (2,4 OR STINGER HOOD). WE ARE TOSSING AROUND IDEAS FOR THE POWER PLANT. ONE THING IS FOR SURE...THE 6BANGER IS OUT!! SHE SAYS SHE WANTS SOMETHING OF THE 400ISH HP RANGE. NEW SUSPENSION, NEW WIRING, FRAME OFF AND ROTISSERE.
DOESN'T LOOK LIKE MUCH NOW. JUST WAIT..........

THAT THING ON THE PACKAGE TRAY IS A BIG DEAD SNAKE REMAINS

HERE THE BOTH OF US ARE ACCESSING THE DAMAGE! NOT HAPPY WITH WHAT I SAW. A LITTLE SUPRISE, OF THE LITTLE ROT AT THE COWL AREA AND A COUPLE SPOTS IN THE WINDOW CHANNEL AREA. IT'LL BE OK......

THIS IS THE 1ST AND OVERALL BETTER NOVA! IF IT WASN'T FOR THE HACK JOB IN THE WHOLE REAR OF THE CAR, THIS WOULD BE THE ONE!! VERY SHAMEFUL IT'S GOING TO BE CUT UP....EVEN IF IT'S TO COMPLETE THE CURRENT NOVA. COULD'VE HAD 2 NOVAS UP AND RUNNING. NO COOL CAR SHOULD COME TO THIS! IT'LL BE PUT TO GOOD USE!!!

THAT'S ALL FOR NOW! NEXT SATURDAY, WE PULL THE MOTOR, TRANS, RADIATOR AND ALL OTHER MECHANICAL PCS. POSSIBLY SEPERATE THE FRONT SUBFRAME. JUST MAKE PROGRESS!! STAY TUNED FOLKS.......

·
Registered
637 Posts
No kidding a bit of work but by the progress so far it doesn't look like you you'll have any problem bringing it back to life. Great pics. Thanks.:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no kidding a bit of work but by the progress so far it doesn't look like you you'll have any problem bringing it back to life. Great pics. Thanks.:)
Thanks! It's going to be alot of work...and money!! We all have a strong gain plan, to make this build happen and completed. It's been a long road between the 2 cars. My wife was starting to give up all hope. I assured her, this will happen...and that she will drive her dream car!! Thanks for checking in. Drop by again!!

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
Is that my twin?

[/IMG]

Good luck with your build and keep us posted.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'll be watching as well. I have essentially the same car, but I had a little more to start with. Wish you the very best.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Nothing wrong with the 6 for now! Ill be rocking the straight 6 until I save up for my motor and trans swap. Does your 6 run? Let me know if you need any parts and Ill see if I can help you out, Im in CT as well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nothing wrong with the 6 for now! Ill be rocking the straight 6 until I save up for my motor and trans swap. Does your 6 run? Let me know if you need any parts and Ill see if I can help you out, Im in CT as well.
The seller, said he would start it up, to move it around. We haven't tried it tho! My wife is going to have a machine shop build something. I hear you...BUT she doesn't want the 6 on her car, when it's done!
Off the top of my head, I know we need a radiator support! I know you can get them new..we live 5 minutes away from Ground Up! However, if we can get a good non rotted and non bent rad support, we'll take it! I know she's going with bucket seats. So...we also need a center console -she doesn't want the tunnel area empty. What kind of parts do you have? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Its nice to live that close from ground-up. No shiiping charges. Take it
pallens72 hes going through the same thing and its coming along. As for the wifes car I'm in the same boat. I bought my wife a shell of a nova 4 years ago and its still sitting in my garage waiting.. I just let her drive my car for now :eek:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its nice to live that close from ground-up. No shiiping charges. Take it
pallens72 hes going through the same thing and its coming along. As for the wifes car I'm in the same boat. I bought my wife a shell of a nova 4 years ago and its still sitting in my garage waiting.. I just let her drive my car for now :eek:
Yes! It is a very good thing we live so close!! We've bot lots of parts for it and we aren't done!! I've even driven my Malibu there hoodless, and installed the cowl hood right there! Talk about being ghetto. Lol

69bigblock..it was very nice meeting you yesterday! I'm glad you came up to me!! We should definitely get up since we live SO CLOSE to each other. I'd definitely like to see the other Nova!

You're right our Nova needs extensive work. Its coming along alright. Here are some more pics of last Saturday's progression.....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
COUPLE PICS OF MY WIFE, HARD AT WORK, GETTING HER HANDS DIRTY!

MOTOR IS ABOUT TO BE PULLED FROM ENGINE BAY.

FINALLY OUT!

MOST OF THE INTERIOR IS GUTTED! SWITCHING DASHES AND DASH PADS AS WELL AS, GETTING ALL NEW WIRING!

CLOSE UP OF THE DASH AREA. ALONG ENTIRE PANEL IS ROTTED. GOING TO CUT ALONG THE FIREWALL SEAM AND REPLACE FROM THE GOOD CAR.

TERRIBLE PIC OF UNDER DASH PAD. OH WELL.....

STAY TUNED! AFTER A FEW MESSAGES, I'LL BE RIGHT BACK!!!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
There you go, got to get the wife in on the fun to right?

:eek:Thats some rust! Going to have a good time replacing that.

By any chance, would you want to sell the exhaust manifold from the 6?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
there you go, got to get the wife in on the fun to right?

:eek:thats some rust! Going to have a good time replacing that.

By any chance, would you want to sell the exhaust manifold from the 6?
yes! The wife is helping out quite a bit!! It's just better that way. It becomes more personal! It'll be so much cooler, when she talks to people, and actually being able to talk about her car and know what she's talking about! I already told her, she better not sell that car!
We do have our work cut out for us! Again...it'll be that much more gratifying, when complete!
I want to sell the whole 6 motor, if possible! That would be ideal!! Need it out of the car! I don't think it would be a problem. Gotta ask my wife!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
YESTERDAY, WE FINALLY DISCONNECTED THE SUB FRAME FROM THE CAR!! IM HAPPY WITH THE PROGRESS THUS FAR!! ALSO FINISHED GUTTING THE ENTIRE INTERIOR. SELLING A FEW ODDS N ENDS STUFF. WILL POST IN CLASSIFIED SECTION. CHECK OUT THE NEW PICS!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
wow, youre really moving along! Ever find out if you could part with the exhaust manifold separately ?

already told you, we can sell it seperate. Also said, we'd like to sell the motor as a whole if we could! Responded to your post couple days ago! Waited for a response. Didn't get one! I donated the motor and trans to a tech school! Still got the other one. Not joking....we want it gone! I've got a garage filled with stuff. Making room and things gotta go! Will post in the classifieds, when i get a chance!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts