Chevy Nova Forum banner

Progress Update Photos

6K views 28 replies 17 participants last post by  Nwayne 
#1 ·
I've had my 62 Nova for one year now. Started off by completely taking it apart, then I had it dipped. Now it slowly going back together. Here are some photos of the progress so far:

www.photobucket.com/albums/c231/62civa

Let me know what you think.
Ron

#7 ·
Hey, no biggie Photobucket's pretty easy, Huh ??... Neal is in Pennsylvania, be rough for him ta hook up i think... but i'm in... lets see what we can get goin', i think there's a few guys in yer area... i haven't met anyone down/up our way though. all the guys i've met are from WAY outta town, or outta town ;)

yer HotRod is lookin' Cool... maybe we can find a bunch 'round our area, meet where ever concensus brings us ;)

#11 ·
62 Civa....Car is looking great. I wonder if you could go to the sticky post for front clip installs in the suspension section and give us alittle info on parts like the: headers, oil pan, front wheel and tire sizes etc. This info is always being requested around here so someone made a sticky, but it's not seeing alot of action. Thanks, the project looks awesome.

#14 · (Edited)
the Flyer said:
suuuure, does it run ???
Not street legal. "Wrong" engine for the Smog Nazis; open sidepipes; won't idle for **** until it's warm. Sounds like a B-17...Been so long since I've taken it out I probably have forgotten how to drive it. Here's a pic pre-sidepipes:

On second thought I believe I'll keep it here. I wouldn't want to clutter up your shop. Thanks, anyhow. ;)

#17 ·
My welder is a Miller 170 ( I think they now call it a Miller Challenger 172). It's a portable unit (small) but it's the largest portable they make so it operates from 220Vac, not 110. It has worked great for me. It will easily weld up to 1/4" plate. When I'm welding the thinner gauge stuff like body panels and the floor pans I switch over to using 0.023" wire. It's much better for the lighter work.....much easier to control. When I am welding the heavier stuff like axel tubes, I use 0.030" or 0.035" wire. I bought my welder from a place on the net at www.cyberweld.com. They were great to deal with. I had a gas valve go bad about one year after I bought the unit and they replaced it under warranty in about 2 days! Great customer service!
Ron

#23 ·
Hi guys,
Sorry about the delayed answer....had to work most of the weekend. I bought the 1/4 panel from Auto Obsession in Simi Valley CA www.autoobsession.com They are a small place, but they can get any part you can find in any catalog..Dynacord...Classic Industries....etc. They don't stock much so you have to wait for them to get it in, but they usually beat the price by about 10%. You can call them and give them a part number from another company and they will quote you a price. They also exhibit at the Pomona Swap Meet. From my location, they are a lot closser than Classic industies and I do business with a company near them so I am by their shop about every 3 or 4 weeks anyways.

My rear 1/4 panel fit...O.K. not perfect, but not too bad. I took about 8 hours to get the old panel cut off and all of the old welds ground out. It took about another 8 hours to install the new panel so far. It's mostly done, but I still need to do some sealing work between the panel and the tail light surround panel. I'm starting on doing a mini tub job and I think it will be harder than installing the 1/4 panel.

I had the body stripped at L & M stripping in Van Nuys, CA It cost about $850 for everything. I had the main shell done last december and I just had the doors, trunk lid, fenders, radiator support done this past month. That was a suggestion from them to break up the project as having too much metal needed primmer at one time is a BIG problem. I'm gald I listened to them. Having the whole car stripped at one time is really great but you WILL find more rust than you thought you had....but you really know what your working with when your done.
Ron

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.