Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Wow they are some nice detail shots of the front end install.
what are future plans for the body? Looks like ya got the go power ready..

·
Premium Member
5,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi SixtyII,
I am going to paint it House of Colors "Euro Red". It's the color on the firewall. I looks a litle bit orange in the photos...untill you look at the firewall next to the block which is painted Chevy Orange. I think it's going to take another year to finish.
Ron

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
Hey, no biggie Photobucket's pretty easy, Huh ??... Neal is in Pennsylvania, be rough for him ta hook up i think... but i'm in... lets see what we can get goin', i think there's a few guys in yer area... i haven't met anyone down/up our way though. all the guys i've met are from WAY outta town, or outta town ;)

yer HotRod is lookin' Cool... maybe we can find a bunch 'round our area, meet where ever concensus brings us ;)

·
Registered
226 Posts
You're doing good. I've had my '65 since June and I'm right about here:

I've got the, "too many cars and not enough shop" problem. Somebody want to store my 'Vette for me for a while? :D

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
62 Civa....Car is looking great. I wonder if you could go to the sticky post for front clip installs in the suspension section and give us alittle info on parts like the: headers, oil pan, front wheel and tire sizes etc. This info is always being requested around here so someone made a sticky, but it's not seeing alot of action. Thanks, the project looks awesome.

·
Registered
226 Posts
the Flyer said:
suuuure, does it run ???
Not street legal. "Wrong" engine for the Smog Nazis; open sidepipes; won't idle for **** until it's warm. Sounds like a B-17...Been so long since I've taken it out I probably have forgotten how to drive it. Here's a pic pre-sidepipes:

On second thought I believe I'll keep it here. I wouldn't want to clutter up your shop. Thanks, anyhow. ;)

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
The Dude said:
On second thought I believe I'll keep it here. I wouldn't want to clutter up your shop. Thanks, anyhow. ;)

OH GEEEE Thanks !!! :rolleyes:

Johnny (yer SOOOO thoughtfull) donwanna clutter my shop, Huh ??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

·
Premium Member
5,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My welder is a Miller 170 ( I think they now call it a Miller Challenger 172). It's a portable unit (small) but it's the largest portable they make so it operates from 220Vac, not 110. It has worked great for me. It will easily weld up to 1/4" plate. When I'm welding the thinner gauge stuff like body panels and the floor pans I switch over to using 0.023" wire. It's much better for the lighter work.....much easier to control. When I am welding the heavier stuff like axel tubes, I use 0.030" or 0.035" wire. I bought my welder from a place on the net at www.cyberweld.com. They were great to deal with. I had a gas valve go bad about one year after I bought the unit and they replaced it under warranty in about 2 days! Great customer service!
Ron

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Wow - beautifiul car and very nice work, that is one killer engine hoist - where in the world did you find it - or did ya build it - if ya did do you have any plans?

Very Nice indeed!

badnova

1 - 20 of 29 Posts