Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1964 Chevy II 4 Door
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, haven't been very active since my intro a few months ago but I finally picked the car up from the shop this past weekend so now I should be able to update somewhat regularly.

Had the body stripped to metal, straightened & smoothed, trim & antenna delete, few rust areas repaired, and painted. Full exterior, plus the dash. Took way longer than anticipated, but the result was incredible. Debated and stressed over color for a very long time, but now I'm very happy with my decision.

Closed in on PQM Bright Jade Satin Glow, with PS2 Bright Silver Metallic Accent. I ended up straying away from my original Chevy colors (sorry) but now I wouldn't have it any other way.

Tableware Dishware Blue Liquid Azure
Vehicle cover Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood Green
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Motor vehicle
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Yellow
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting

View attachment 428326

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Hey all, haven't been very active since my intro a few months ago but I finally picked the car up from the shop this past weekend so now I should be able to update somewhat regularly.

Had the body stripped to metal, straightened & smoothed, trim & antenna delete, few rust areas repaired, and painted. Full exterior, plus the dash. Took way longer than anticipated, but the result was incredible. Debated and stressed over color for a very long time, but now I'm very happy with my decision.

Closed in on PQM Bright Jade Satin Glow, with PS2 Bright Silver Metallic Accent. I ended up straying away from my original Chevy colors (sorry) but now I wouldn't have it any other way.

View attachment 428317 View attachment 428318 View attachment 428320 View attachment 428324 View attachment 428325 View attachment 428328 View attachment 428327

View attachment 428326
AWESOME JOB Looks Great. (y) :)

·
Registered
1964 Chevy II 4 Door
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not a fan of trim delete. To each his own. Possibly all the trim was bent and twisted. I get it.
I was on the fence, but as you guessed it wasn't in great shape. I'm thinking in the future if I change my mind I may attempt to retrofit new trim to be used without the holes (adhesive maybe?)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Looks beautiful. I'm sure we've all seen all the factory colors on all our favorite cars over the years so I like it when someone goes with a "variation" of factory color. Paint is so amazing these days with what they can do compared to years past and, to me, variations bring a modern twist to a classic color. It looks great dude.

·
Premium Member
5,569 Posts
What a beautiful color! OK that it is NOT a GM Color!
Body work flawless in the refection shot!
And it's your car, if you want trim delete go for it!

NICE WORK!
Keep the pictures coming!

Mark

1 - 20 of 21 Posts