Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well...uh...I'm not quite sure if this is progress or the aftermath of a bomb going off inside my car!

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Um, it looks like someone got carried away with the tear down!:rolleyes::D:yes:

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nice floor , no rust
The footwells have some minor surface rust because I left it outside for several months not knowing the windshield seal had a leak. Other than that, it's clean....I've owned it since 1984 when I bought it from the original owners with 34,000 miles on the 230" 6 cylinder/3 spd. manual combo. They bought it in Denver, Co., and moved to Calif. not long after that.
It's gone thru the 230, then a 350, a few 391's, 406's, 414's, the junk 350, 410......
I'm debating installing the 383 I'm building, but I built the engine to sell, so if I run it I'd be selling a used engine which would be worth less. Anybody need a 500+h.p. 383? I will help with install and testing. Should be an 11 second driver!

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Anybody need a 500+h.p. 383? I will help with install and testing. Should be an 11 second driver!
if you could n/a add an additional 150hp i'd be interested

btw your plates show a 'K' for the first letter if I remember correctly. That should mean that your car first came to the Golden State in '74 or so.

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if you could n/a add an additional 150hp i'd be interested
A little more cu.in., a couple points of compression, and about 20 dergrees more duration should do it! My last 414" made around 650.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
A little more cu.in., a couple points of compression, and about 20 dergrees more duration should do it! My last 414" made around 650.
you make this sound like just baking a bigger cake. with big machines and expensive parts.

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you make this sound like just baking a bigger cake. with big machines and expensive parts
I was just noticing the way I spelled "degrees" as dergrees!
You just need some bigger heads, a bigger cam, a bigger block........what's expensive about that? Your combo seems to work pretty well with the small heads and all--those are 170cc heads?? Want to rent my 410" and see how it runs? I think Dale is done with it now. Hell it might not be any faster than yours, it's only gone 101, but with a 6.63 e.t.

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What is the progress .............showing that you can make a mess?
I'm an expert at that Chuck--cleaning up my mess is another story. I'm hiring a professional to do the wiring; all that other stuff inside should only take a few years! What have I done!!??

1 - 17 of 17 Posts