Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I finally got to work on my car a little bit. It's scary how easy it was to get the crummy rear clip out of the car. I jacked the car up on the rear end, put jackstands on the rockers, let the jack down, and it literally fell out:D I still don't know how we made the 1 hr. drive to my house with it on the flatbed:eek:
Here are some before pics, and pics of us taking the clip out of the car.

This is the old clip outside standing up. I can't believe this was in the car:eek: :D

Now, this is after we got everything out, we decided to mock up the new rails and subframe connectors. Look at all that tire clearence.:p

I'll post more up as I go along....I can't wait to drive this thing:D :cool:

P.S. Sorry picture quality isn't the best, but not bad for a cell phone camera ;)

·
Banned
726 Posts
Wow... what frame rails were in there ? Backyard special or an sears swingset ? The new ones look great..... When do you plan of finishing it ? I know you got 2 years.... but maybe your father can make a few passes first ? lol
Look good
-Steve

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Fast4by said:
Wow... what frame rails were in there ? Backyard special or an sears swingset ? The new ones look great..... When do you plan of finishing it ? I know you got 2 years.... but maybe your father can make a few passes first ? lol
Look good
-Steve
Thanks, it the goal is to have the chassis work pretty much done by the end of the summer...It should be running by the spring. Haha yeah, my brother and my father already have it planned out...they wanna run it street et:rolleyes:

P.s.- I only got one year to go ;)

·
Premium Member
1,598 Posts
Greetings,

Looks like it's coming along quite well! The quality looks much better on the rails you put in.

Jason

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
wow that thing is umm...interesting...we get a lot of that kinda ******* work over at our shop man, a lot of it is real scary...

looking much better now!:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts