Chevy Nova Forum banner
861 - 870 of 870 Posts

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #861 ·
Got to my first car show of the year yesterday! Went with my neighbor who has a 72 Nova SS. His is lowered more than mine. Interesting side by side 3rd gen VS 4th gen pictures. Mine was the only 4th gen car out of about 200 cars. Hope to make it to another show at Maple Grove next week.

Car Vehicle Tire Land vehicle Wheel

Car Land vehicle Automotive parking light Vehicle Tire

Attachments

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #862 ·
I was at a car show at Maple Grove Raceway yesterday with a friend of mine who built a 68 Baracuda Hemi... 745 HP :) . He won an award and invitation to nationals next month.

Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle Wheel

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Tire

There was the show but more non-show cars were racing...
There was one 4th Gen Nova racing. Saw him run twice but unfortunately, he didn't make out so well... Here is is (75 Nova)...

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #865 ·
When I bought the Phoenix over 11 years ago, the front air dam was broken off on passenger side so I took it off. I found another air dam off a Nova that had a good passenger side. I've been carrying these parts around in the trunk for 11 years... FINALLY, I'm going to splice the parts together so I will have an air dam to put on. Here are the 2 parts I'm going to splice together...

Road surface Asphalt Musical instrument Auto part Concrete

Asphalt Road surface Bumper Wood Automotive exterior

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #866 ·
I cut the two pieces so I could butt them together... Pretty hard to get everything lined up right without a gap. So, I made backing plates and screwed the pieces together. I filled the small gaps with tub and tile sealer :rolleyes:. We'll see how it holds up. I will paint with Dupli-Color bumper coating... I had used that on my rear bumper pad and worked pretty well. It won't be perfect but I think be good enough for an air dam.

Bumper Automotive exterior Wood Tints and shades Asphalt

Automotive tire Bumper Rim Automotive exterior Gas

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #868 ·
Here it is! Certainly not perfect but good enough for me. Few people will notice the seam and the screws. It hides my cool sway bar but is supposed to deflect more cool air to the radiator, I think. Engine has been running a little over 190 on the hottest days, so I'm not concerned about it needing to run cooler. But I am curious if it will run cooler now.

Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Grille Tire

861 - 870 of 870 Posts