Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Everything is good till you have a issue!!!:eek::rolleyes:

What is the engine? Used block?

Who repairs the engine when it has a failure?

Who pays the fright to return it?

Do they pay for towing to the garage?
Do they pay for wearables for repair?
(Oil, filter, plugs antifreeze?)
Do you have to pay for repair then file for refund?

Is the warranty controlled and paid threw a 3rd party insurance company???

Why??
For the same or less money you can purchase a GM factory new crate engine with a warranty! A warranty that can be administered by your local garage or any GM dealer in the country!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
its absolutely 100% brand new just read that page thats the engine i want

just wanna know if thats a good price for those parts

i wanna get the turnkey

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
I second what Al stated about the GM warranty. Another question would be what`s the use- street-drag etc. Just my $ .02 :cool:

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
its absolutely 100% brand new just read that page thats the engine i want

just wanna know if thats a good price for those parts

i wanna get the turnkey

I can do you a GM new Turn key ZZ383 for Less. And you will have a GM warranty.

And if you ever have a problem. Believe me "I can get it handled"

Al

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
i do have a 350

but i am no mechanic

i would rather have a brand new engine that i dont have to **** with

id love for someone to steer me in the righ direction for a 500 hp 383 stroker i would like it to be a red color and chromed out would be nice some nice colored braided hoses and some quality performance parts

i would love to be able to put 500 to the floor with out going over 10 grand

i know that the link above wouldnt put 500 to the floor but thats the best engine they have for under 10 grand

i also would like someone to help me put together a shopping list cuz i really dont knwo what i need to put in the car to make it be able to handle that engine

thanks guys

ps i forgot to add when i did have a guy helping me (stoped talking to the idiot) i had the parts priced out for about a grand less than that engine in the link so i figured it would cost the same to build it (i cant do it myself)

are you guys talking this engine? i cant find a pricing http://www.gmhorsepower.com/ZZ-383.php

·
Registered
810 Posts
No matter what motor you have you are going to have to work on it. Let's face it unless you have deep pockets and pay for all repairs your going to work on it.

I see it as a labor of love. Half the fun is the work that goes into them. It's a learning process. You are not born with the known how. You learn

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No matter what motor you have you are going to have to work on it. Let's face it unless you have deep pockets and pay for all repairs your going to work on it.

I see it as a labor of love. Half the fun is the work that goes into them. It's a learning process. You are not born with the known how. You learn
true true and id love to learn but for now id rather not build an engine i dont have a mentor to show me how to do it in person

im not a millionaire but im not hard up for cash i was going to do all the interior except for the seats myself when i get the car back im already putting in a new dash and headliner

but ya id like to just get the engine installed and not have to build it

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
true true and id love to learn but for now id rather not build an engine i dont have a mentor to show me how to do it in person

im not a millionaire but im not hard up for cash i was going to do all the interior except for the seats myself when i get the car back im already putting in a new dash and headliner

but ya id like to just get the engine installed and not have to build it
Where in the USA are you located? If you are in the area of Upstate NY I'd be more than happy to give you a hand building a motor and opening the doors of my shop to a fellow Nova owner.

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
If you are in the area of Upstate NY I'd be more than happy to give you a hand building a motor and opening the doors of my shop to a fellow Nova owner.
Kudos to you for that offer! NPHNP

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
American Speed
Moline, Ill.
I've known Gail who owns the business for 25+ years.

520 H.P. for $7,295.00

Lot's of options to choose from. Pick up the phone and talk to them.
Click here: http://www.amerspeed.com/index.htm

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
American Speed
Moline, Ill.
I've known Gail who owns the business for 25+ years.

520 H.P. for $7,295.00

Lot's of options to choose from. Pick up the phone and talk to them.
Click here: http://www.amerspeed.com/index.htm
awsome thanks

this site is awsome im glad im a part of it

anyone going to the kruise in chicago? kinda early morning who wants the car show to be over by 4pm??

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
ok so i called him and spoke with him for alittle bit

hes going to email me a list of a turnkey engine just an average one

now all these optional parts i really dont know what would be good to have

are the carbs manifold and distributor upgrades going to give me more performance, better/worse gas mileage?

and i assume everything but the things i listed above are just for looks

i guess ill just wait for him to email me the list then ill ask you guys what would be good to add onto it?

i really dont know what im doing and just getting into the hobby (im 22) so ill need alittle guidance im just looking for great street/strip performance (im looking to smoke my buddys audi at the track) since he thinks hes tough ****

thanks

taylor

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Taylor,
Purchase a complete package, which will enclude the ignition system, intake manifold, carb, valve covers of your choice.
You need to understand that a engine that produces 520+ H.P. is not going to get you 20 M.P.G. It's hungry for fuel and has to be fed.
That is why it is so importnat to purchase the entire combination from them as the fuel system will be taylored for your engine.
Also understand that you will need to upgrade your fuel delivery from the gas tank to the engine.
They are great folks, and will walk you through each and every step.
Listen to what they tell you to do and it will run like a raped-ape!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Taylor,
Purchase a complete package, which will enclude the ignition system, intake manifold, carb, valve covers of your choice.
You need to understand that a engine that produces 520+ H.P. is not going to get you 20 M.P.G. It's hungry for fuel and has to be fed.
That is why it is so importnat to purchase the entire combination from them as the fuel system will be taylored for your engine.
Also understand that you will need to upgrade your fuel delivery from the gas tank to the engine.
They are great folks, and will walk you through each and every step.
Listen to what they tell you to do and it will run like a raped-ape!
oh i know its a gas hog lol i really have no issues about gas mileage i was just wondering what upgrading those parts would do.... he said that really theres so many options he doesnt know where to begin i just told him to email me all the parts for a complete system and ill just ask you guys what would be good upgrades

thanks for your help

and i cant wait for my ape to be raped lol

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
turnkey list

The 540 hp 383 turnkey engine would include"
Holley 750 carb
Billet fuel line form carb to pump
HV fuel pump
Mallory elec. dist.
Coil and bracket
Accel wires and plugs
Thermostat kit
L88 HT starter
Powermaster 80 amp alternator. A 140 amp alt. would cost $100 more
14" chrome air cleaner
Linkage brackets
Edelbrock alum. water pump
Billet alum. pulleys
Belts
Power steering
Wire looms
Dip stick
Valve cover breathers
Hose fittings.

Cost $9895.00 plus shipping and taxes in IL

this is what he sent me now out of the parts below what would be good to upgrade? or is the above package good enough performance?

the 140 alt would be for my 1000w audio system im going swap from my corrolla to my nova

American Speed logo valve covers for Vortec cyl. heads, polished alum. add $210.00
ARP stainless steel bolt kits add $95.00
Chevy Bow Tie pent roof valve covers w/American Speed logo, machined for breather add $340.00
Chrome dip stick add $10.00
Dart "Little M" HD race blocks- upgrade add $1,695.00
Edelbrock 2x4 manifold, carbs and linkage, dyno tuned add $895.00
Edelbrock hi-volume aluminum water pump, reverse flow add $189.00
Edelbrock hi-volume polished aluminum water pump add $270.00
Edelbrock Performer EGR manifold add $45.00
Edelbrock RPM "Air Gap" manifold - 425 hp & up, upgrade add $85.00
Fluidampr, SFI approved add $367.00
Holley 600 cfm RV carb, vac. sec., elec choke, Dyno Tuned add $285.00
Holley 700 cfm "Premium Series" double pump Dyno Tuned carburetor add $442.00
Holley 770 Avenger carburator, vac. sec., dyno tuned add $411.00
K&N 14"X3" air cleaner add $72.00
LS-7 ECU pending
LS-7 wire harness pending
Mallory dual point distributor - recurved for your engine add $145.00
Mallory HEI electronic distributor w/Hi-Intensity coil, curved for your engine add $200.00
Mallory/Hall Effect distributor for Pro Flow EFI add $255.00
MSD 6AL ignition w/rev limiter add $230.00
MSD HEI small cap F body distributor fuel injection with GM ECU add $240.00
MSD small cap billet aluminum electronic distributor, recurved for your engine add $295.00
Powermaster 120 amp alternator add $155.00
Pro Race steel dampner, SFI approved, 383 add $225.00
Red powder coated logo alum. valve covers, tall add $198.00

1 - 19 of 19 Posts