Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have some AC Delco Rapid Fire spark plugs I bought about a year ago. Anyone know if I can use these with a Procharger setup? I know there are some spark plugs you should not use.:confused:

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
MNYPIT said:
Hi, I have some AC Delco Rapid Fire spark plugs I bought about a year ago. Anyone know if I can use these with a Procharger setup? I know there are some spark plugs you should not use.:confused:
Never heard that before. Most of the time the gimmick plugs are just that, a gimmick. Nothing wrong with AC Delco, Autolite or if ya really want to get something nice call NGK or Uridium for some of their plugs. The can help you chose which one is correct for your application.

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
AC Delco Rapid Fire
Several years ago I put some in my Astro van--I had it in the dealer service area and the technician said not to use them; some crap about them being for older vehicles where oil fouling was an issue. I asked him why they list the plug for all the new cars, but he didn't have an answer.
If they are of the proper heat range, I don't see what the problem would be. My buddy runs NGK's in his Procharged 406, and that's what I run in my N/A small block. They are just as good as any other race plug I've tried, and a lot cheaper where we buy them.(about $2ea. vs $4-7 for others) For N2O and boosted applications I like Autolite's for durability, but the NGK's last almost the same for less money.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Don't use them, the rapidfires are platinum which you don't want. All the late model gm's DO use them, I think that tech had it backwards?
I run NGK R5671A-7 (4091). Another procharger member recommended them to me. Gap will depend on igntion but start at .022 and no more than .035

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
I run NGK R5671A-7
I run R5671A-9 or 10--I had to go back to a standard non-projected tip because I'm not about wasting the time to index the plugs to keep from closing the straps. I used to run projected nose on the motor, and non projected with the bottle. This combo hits the piston dome and closes the gap, so......... I try to find the coldest plug available--the 7AL-3 keeps em lit;never had a fouled plug no matter how it's driven. When running normal heat range stuff, the compression(14.5-1) would kill regular street plugs in short order--not fouled-dead!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts