Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm having truoble getting my 63wagon started. new starter, switch, battery and it still wont start. I purchased a 62 & 62 wirriing diagram and checked all the cables. One cable looks like it took an overload and melted it
selt to a couple of other cables. i pulled them apart but the still work. When I look at the wirring diagram the starter should have a main batter power red, and total of 3 wires. One with two cables together that have current when the switch is opened, and the other one gets power only when the switch is fully oppened. but still no starting. Oh yes i also replaced the voltage regulator. If anybody has any helpfull advise please reply or post a tread.
Thank you. here are some photos to help with the info

·
Registered
569 Posts
Just by reading it, sounds like a ground problem and the little wires took the amps and melted.

Is your block all painted up? Is the ground wires attached to a good metal part or insulated with all the paint?

just a thought.

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
make sure you have a good ground from the neg battery post to the rad support...check all ground wires too..engine to firewall ect. And like Capt cam says...Make sure all paint is removed from ground contact...There are diagram's that will tell you which wires go where...I know the purple wire from the harness goes to the S terminal on the solenoid ...The other terminal will have a Yellow wire going to the coil and a or/ppl wire going to the harness also..good luck...If all that fails...you might have a bad solenoid...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts