Chevy Nova Forum banner

221 - 233 of 233 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Thanks again Jason got the weld on bungs Thursday will weld on this weekend.
Also would like to thank Ibuildm (Tim) For helping out with the late night Friday night questions and Emails.
What a great bunch of guys to back such a product!

·
Vendor
1,429 Posts
Thanks again Jason got the weld on bungs Thursday will weld on this weekend.
Also would like to thank Ibuildm (Tim) For helping out with the late night Friday night questions and Emails.
What a great bunch of guys to back such a product!
Thanks for the purchase Tim! :D Let me know how the trackers work out with this bar. If you end up needing longer heims just let me know.

-J

·
Registered
760 Posts
aftermarket clips

What aftermarket clip will give you the widest front tire on a 1st gen?
I Have Heidts now with 225/35/18. And need to get somewhat close with the rears which are 335 /30/ 20's.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I am awaiting my new tci front clip and have a question about the radiator support. I have completely overlooked what guys are using with the aftermarket front ends. Found a few pictures on here but can't tell what they are using. Just buy a new radiator support for an original front end or something else? What will work best with the tci setup?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
What aftermarket clip will give you the widest front tire on a 1st gen?
I Have Heidts now with 225/35/18. And need to get somewhat close with the rears which are 335 /30/ 20's.
Sorry Tim, I missed this earlier. As far as Mustang II front ends go the TCI kit will allow the widest tire.

Johnny Rotten was looking to switch from the Heidt's to the TCI clip due to the extra tire space. :yes:
http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147416

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Thanks Tim, I thought something was missing.
Tim, am I missing something on the LCA and the tie rod end? Are they suppose to be parallel?
Not at all. The rack and pinion inner pivot is above the lower A arm and in line with the inner pivots of the upper and lower A arm. This is how you properly minimize bump steer. Also you do not want preload on your sway bar, it will create handling problems.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Heres mine

I have the Global West Upper and lower CA, coilovers with QA1 shocks, upgraded with wilwoods Dynalite Pro Series Disc in the front
Ive done some track racing with it until my rear drumbrakes faded and I lost all breaking power.
And I had a bad alu spacer on one of the back wheels so I ended up loosing that wheel, it wasnt going fast since I heard that something was wrong, but I saw thew wheel coming past me.

Now its time for upgrading the rear, what do ou guys think,
Im thinking of going with Wilwood Dynalite Pro Series Disc Rear Parking Brake Kits is this a good choice or is there something that will fit better with my Nova?
Do I have to change the brakelines and power steering stuff, proportioning valves etc?
At the same time I will order GW frame connectors and leafsprings
Since Im from sweden I need to order everything at the same time to save money on shipping.
So a complete list would be nice :)

Rgrds Niklas

this is the car before the repaint (The wheel incindent made a mig mark on the rear fender) I use the 17" wheels on track and 15" wheels when cruising :)

I know this is old, but I would like to know what brand of wheels the black 17 inchers are? (The ones on the car when it was blue).

·
Premium Member
4,488 Posts
no one has posted here in awhile including myself i think the needs to be a section itself:D right under the old drag racing section:yes: this would help out allot off ppl doing pt builds:devil::yes::cool: it would give all ppl intrested in this type of build a place to get specfic questions anwsered! on another not only updates i have on my build is that i finally got my lower quarters and outer wheel wells so starting on car soon. no heat in garage so waiting for it to decide it wants to stay warm

221 - 233 of 233 Posts