Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here setup their car with a more modern suspension setup?

Im just wondering if any of you out there have anything newer to compare to as far as how well the car handles after re-doing all the suspension!

Im looking at doing all the standard upgrades ( front swaybar, tubular upper arms, 2" drop spindles, 4 wheel discs and sub frames.. ) Is there anything else you guys can suggest? Im also going to be running 17's with 245-255/45-50/17 tires ( somewhere in that range )!

Any tips would be great from someone who's gone down the same road :D

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
ive posted about my suspension before...i actually saw this topic and expected someone else to start..

i dont have anything fancy hotckis on all four corners, 2" dropped spindles 12" front rotors and drums in back..the car handles better than stock but i dont track it or anything of sorts..

i would like to upgrade the arms,sway bar and change the shocks to qa1's

i run a 275/40 r17 falken which are real sticky..lol

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey your car looks great :) i like the stance.. i cant wait until i lower mine a bit :) gonna suffer at the track most likely.. but oh well!

thanks for hte feedback.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I made a few upgrades on mine. The upper A-frames definitely made the biggest difference. The Del-Alum bushings on the leafsprings makes a big difference also. Global West has an awesome real shackle design. How does it handle? It will take a curve at faster speeds than I am willing to push it to. Driving feel and feedback is similar to what I remember of a new mid 80's Monte Carlo. (Bottom line. The owner's happy.) Here's a parts list.

-Landrum multi-leaf rear leafsprings
-Energy Suspension Urethane leafspring isolaters (# 3-6112G)
-1 1/8" Hellwig front anti-sway bar (# 5795)
-Global West tubular upper A-frames (# CTA-79)
-Global West del-alum bushings (# 1013 & 1064)
- KYB shocks (# KG4515 & KG5504)
-Wheel Vintiques Silver Chevy Style Rallyes
-16x7 front with 4" backspacing (# 9800262)
-16x8 rear with 4 1/2" backspacing (# 9800284)
-205/55ZR16 front
-245/50ZR16 rear

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i was looking at those shackles and MAN they were pricey :D

We'll see what my pocket can afford seeing as it's a lot of stuff to buy at once! I was looking at the tubular arms at global west as well!

·
Registered
424 Posts
suspension upgrade

Hey Jinks, are you still in the middle of your build? I am looking for the same end result. When I get it done in a couple weeks I will let you know if its worth it. Here is the list for comparing: Hotchkins front sway bay 1 1/8", Qa1 single adjustable coil over( I didn't know how high the front may sit and I wanted to tweek it when I get done), speed tech upper and lower tube arms( They were cheeper by 150 for the lowers then global and del-lum bushings put an extra 400 on the price tag, had to stay mindful of the budget), a set of 2" drop spindles and 11inch rotors from Nova nastolgic( again they were cheep when you add the brake booster and other upgrades to the braking system, The rear recieved a multileaf spring from hotchkins. Running 17 x 7 with 3.75 inch bckspc in front, and 18 x 8 with 4.75inches bckspc in the rear. If that sucks *** I might put the 18's in front and run 20's in the rear. If you finished your project wanna post some pics??

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
Here's what I'm doing to mine...although I'm still a ways away from getting it built. Will be picking up new parts next week hopefully. I'm hoping for a pro-touring style car.

Air Bar rear suspension with QA1 coilovers instead of airshocks. Bascially this is the same kit at the Alston G-Bar.
Moser M9 rear housing.
Wilwood complete disc brake kit. Red calipers with slotted and drilled rotors all around. 6 piston in the front and 4 piston in the back.
Speed Tech lower and upper tubular A-Arms.
Will be doing a Gulstrand mod with the A-Arms.
QA1 coilovers in the front.
Currently have a Hotchkis front sway bar but am looking into a Air Ride sway bar with the new posi end links.
18" Foose Nitrous II's, 245-35-18 front and 285-35-18 rear.
Will also be putting in wider tubs in the back. Just debating if I want to widen the ones I just got or get the DSE ones.
Sub frame is stock.
Global West sub frame connectors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts