Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running a SV1 carb. Is it s streetable .. Looking at a 1000/1040 cfm APD but came across the SV1 ... I don't know anyone running one ..
One of the local speed shops is doing a good price but don't want to waste money if it's a pure flat out racing carb.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I dont have any direct experience with either carburetor. Have you considered talking to a carb builder? There are several that are good and often can spec a carb to your combination for whatever you want. My cousin is a engine builder and works with a great carb guy. I saw him take a newly built beautiful custom billet dominator carburetor out of the box, put it on a brand new engine combination on the dyno and never had to adjust the idle, and the air fuel adjustment was spot on too. Once the engine was in the car it ran just as well. Quite impressive, it wasn't a cheap carburetor, but I was a believer in a custom built carburetor after that.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Dale cubic of cfm technologies did my 1150. I ran it 8
years and never changed the jets from the day I received it. Dale will take the time to talk to you on the phone about what you need. I dynoed my 540 and when I didn’t call him with questions he called ME to see how it went.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ordered an APD.... Hearing heaps of good things so lets see what the dyno says once it arrives...

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
.. they are full billet carbs supposedly.. we have ordered both a 1000 and 1040 cfm... see what it likes... have a couple of their spacers to try to on the dyno..not sure how much hood clearance we will have even with a 4'' cowl and the victor jnr manifold ..couple guys i have spoken to that have converted said they noticed improvements all round..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts