Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got B&M Hammer shifter right now. It works fairly well, but I'm not sure I would get one again. I'm looking at pro shifters.

I'm seeing pro ratchet shifters and pro stick shifters (this is for a TH350). I'd like to know how you guys that have them like them.

Anyone have suggestions on brands, and what exactly is the difference between the ratchet and stick shifters?

·
Registered
364 Posts
I've got B&M Hammer shifter right now. It works fairly well, but I'm not sure I would get one again. I'm looking at pro shifters.

I'm seeing pro ratchet shifters and pro stick shifters (this is for a TH350). I'd like to know how you guys that have them like them.

Anyone have suggestions on brands, and what exactly is the difference between the ratchet and stick shifters?
I installed an B&M Ratchet Shifter in my 74 Omega this spring.

The shifter itself is pretty slick and I can't wait to try it out at the track, but if I used the car as a daily driver, might find it a little annoying after awhile.

Wicked shifter tho!!

The ratcheting of the shifter is kinda cool, especially if you don't have much room. I'm running a bench seat in my omega, and I placed the shifter a little more forward so the seat can still move. My arm is fully extended, but I kinda like it like that.

The shifter is straight up and down .... pulling it down moves it down a gear. P>R>N>D>2>1 and pushing it forward allows me to only move up one gear at a time. Shifter also comes with a reverse lockout, so there is no chance of shifting it to R from N.

Was very easy to wire up the neutral safety & reverse light switchs ...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts