Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys n gals,

I have another question for my fellow nova lovers.

I met a guy who had blew up his 350 motor in his s10. I bought brand new MT Sportsman 275/60/15 tires for the rear for 100$ I only had to shave the inner lip a hair and oddly enough they fit great with no rub.

while I was there I couldnt help but to continue to pick up item after item for next to nothing! He said he had just bought and put all this stuff on his s10 and not a week later blew it up so he was done with performance stuff... wahooo!!! I felt bad tho. Anyway, I purchased an electric water pump (even the relays) for 25 bucks. I hadnt really had any intentions in removing my GM long neck pump but I just couldnt let it go.

So, is there a way to figure out if this thing is in good working order before I attempt to swap them out? Is there anything I should be considering that im not? I did get a chrome bracket he said I had to have to mount his alternator down low cause of the water pump. Currently mines high side on the passenger. Its a street drivin car daily, so perhaps an electric pump is not going to be ideal.

I also picked up an aluminum 2 in spacer for ten bucks and its brand new. I love savings like that. I would have never spent 100$ on a name brand spacer but now I can at least try it and see if it helps or just throw it on the shelf until that rainy day.

Summit is sending me my 10.4 in clutch(which is a bummer in itself) I plan on purchasing a bellhousing and aftermarket flywheel for the next swap. Anyway, during this swap, I am relocating my battery, cutting a larger hole in the core support, mounting my autorad radiator and dual fan set up, installing new aftermarket head lights that are currently slightly to large in the back to fit in the holes of the core support. And I am also going to mount something totally different than anything ive ever seen... lol I cut straight sections out of an extra grill, and im mounting them in the bumper cut outs and the snorkel hood opening. There painted to match my current grill ( black with all the faces of the ribbs chrome). it looks really cool and I cant wait to show you guys!

Thanks for reading and hopefully you guys can help me decide whether to use the electric pump, if it is even for my application, or not. lol He had a 350 too but im unaware if it was the same style block as mine or not or if that even matters?

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
I wouldn't want to rely on any electric pump but especially a Proform electric pump on the street. I have a CVR on my 5.30 Nova and I just bought a copycat Proform style for my 6.0 Nova. There is a hugh difference in the quality between these two products. But I don't think either was intended for the street and constant running. I have bought several cheap china items to try on the 6.0 Nova and none compare to the top quality higher cost stuff. Just my opinion

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Find someone else who thinks that Pro Form (China) Electric Water Pump is really cool and sell it to them fast :yes:

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
I've had a Proform on mine for several years now without a failure. Do you think GM and Ford would license and sell their products if they were so bad??
I had a lot more trouble with my previous Moroso, but it was very old.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts