Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I seen a guy with a 350 and a set of pro comp 210 heads and he ran 7.70's at irwindale in a 71-72 nova. It was a mild built built 350

·
Registered
508 Posts
we put a set of 210's on a 406 and so far the thing feels real good with no timing and a junk carb on it. we will be putting the 850 on it and letting it have some more timing soon but the customer is very happy with them as of now. imo cant beat the price but make sure your getting the new castings cause they do work betert han the older ones. the customer had a set flowed (new and old) ill try and get some #'s from him if i can.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
The 210cc heads are the updated higher quality heads. They seem to be fine and for the money are hard to beat.

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
Now I know how the rest of the world felt when everything was Stamped.....MADE IN THE USA.... the difference was... in export.. it was the best piece money could buy....

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
what engine are u testing and your configuration
I'm building a 383 as a kinda low-buck, decent power engine to sell. I'm torn between testing it in my car, or running on a dyno- Either way, the buyer ends up with a used engine instead of new! I'm hoping to find a buyer with a 3rd gen (I hate working on early cars) and I will help with installing and testing the engine in the car so it's still a virgin.
Anyway, it's a .030 over 4 bolt main block, Pro Comp 4340 crank, 6" H-beam rods, forged Manley flat top pistons w/Total Seal rings, Isky S645 solid flat tappet cam, EDM lifters, and springs- Bryce at Dr-J's Performance ported the Pro Comp heads, I still need to get guide plates, studs, rockers and pushrods.
It will have a Performer RPM intake, but haven't decided on a carb yet. We are hoping to see about 530 h.p. or so, and still be a decent driver.
Anyone looking for an engine on a budget?

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
On a Budget, it's hard to find anything for the bigger bang for the dollar.

As for as quality. Quality Performance is not there compared to just about any head.
the valves and parts are junk! I would only use the casting. I would not trust the parts! Besides a dropped valve is in most cases is total destruction!

BUTT!
I have assembled and sold a few BBC Pro comp heads and there has been no issues.
No head gasket problems, no thread problems, no leaks, no thread problems.

On a BBC the weight saving alone is big advantage. In a stock 454 they are a great improvement.

Small Block? performance ? I have no clue.

The valve seat work on Pro Form is no better than any production factory head. But what do you expect for the money!

IMO
AL

·
Registered
77 Posts
pro comp heads

i have a 355 w these heads and though i havent had any real issues i have read a lot about how bad they are with flow.their is a site i found that shows test numbers from a dyno and procomp was the worst even a set of worn in vortec truck heads made more power. as for me im trying to upgrade to brodix and make some real power.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So out of the box the new revised 210's are ok or do they need to be ported like mikes

·
Registered
508 Posts
If your staying mild on your build i would leave them alone. If your trying to get as much hp as you can then port them. But by the time you have them ported you will be in them as much as a good set of heads that will probably out flow the ported pc head right out of the box.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
There's SEVERAL better options out there in my opinion!!:yes: Pro-Filer (For one example) has just released their 195's completely assembled and made (And machined) in the U.S.A. for less than a grand..

AND....they are NEW runner designs (by Darin Morgan) instead of cheap copies of other American heads.:rolleyes:

Do some looking and you'll find the biggest majority of those that are happy with what they have either bought them from reputable head shops (that get them bare and machine and assemble them in house), immediately sent them out for porting and better parts, or------don't have the experience to know the difference.

Here's a thread where I posted some of my findings on some of the more popular Chinese castings.

http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97147

1 - 16 of 16 Posts