Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Can stock gm 4bolt main small block be used for 9-1 pro charger build
What cubic inch?? Using stock grey cast caps may not be the hot set up and a sonic test is a must if your using an OEM block.

I would look at the Dart SHP or the SHP PRO block rather having to this build twice.

I am sure you will guys posting about one engine that has lved for years. I wish I could base all my info on just one engine LOL.

·
Registered
532 Posts
To answer your question: YES you can use a stock block and a Pro Charger. I have a friend with a stock block running a F1 Pro Charger on his Chevelle for 7 years now with no problems.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking doing a 427 i have the. Block laying around but dont want to do it twice so may wait i have a 383 in car now with afr heads forged bottom end 10,5-1 is that to much compretion for a pro charger i have caught the procharger bug love the sound

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
What model Procharger do you plan to run and at what boost level?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Looking doing a 427 i have the. Block laying around but dont want to do it twice so may wait i have a 383 in car now with afr heads forged bottom end 10,5-1 is that to much compretion for a pro charger i have caught the procharger bug love the sound

Put a D1SC on the 383, and run it on E85.

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
D1? You should make 600-700 RWHP with little effort. If you would be happy with those numbers, I would feel fairly comfortable with that block. The problem is, no one is usually satisfied with what they have. If you try to push it, like most everyone does, something is gonna give.:yes:

My 64' with a 406 SBC with AFR 210 heads and hyd roller cam made 698 RWHP at 18 lbs of boost. No intercooler, with A/C.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
D1? You should make 600-700 RWHP with little effort. If you would be happy with those numbers, I would feel fairly comfortable with that block. The problem is, no one is usually satisfied with what they have. If you try to push it, like most everyone does, something is gonna give.:yes:

My 64' with a 406 SBC with AFR 210 heads and hyd roller cam made 698 RWHP at 18 lbs of boost. No intercooler, with A/C.

Very nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts