Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
wonder how they set the price? what does "PERFECT CAR TO C.O.P.O." mean. not the copo, but the comment?
looks to be in good shape, good car to document as original.

·
3,862 Posts
That sure is a nice car, but $28.5K for a six cylinder? The paint looks extrememly shiny for 36 years old and I don't care how well you stored or took care of it. I'm thinking about half that money is probably very fair.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Greg_R_63 said:
I think they mean 'perfect to make a COPO clone with' :rolleyes:
i guess thats why you can have the privilege of paying the > price for it. "clone", i'll have to look that one up in the dictionary, always seems to mean something like "fake" to me. but i will check to see what it means.

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
He's dreaming, he will never get anything close to that amount.

I paid $5500 for mine last year and it only had 20,000 miles.

He did "restore" it under the hood, notice how the master cylinder and all the metal tubing is painted black. Also the emission decals are missing from the fan shroud.He basically screwed up all the detail right there.

And the car has definitely been painted, clear coat most likely. Factory lacquer does not shine or reflect anywhere near that.

Don't get me wrong, its a heck of a nice car. what bothers me is he is trying to pass it off as an original survivor that has been babied all its life.

Andy (the 6 cylinder granny car Guru) :) :)

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I agree that this is a restored car. Look at the hood hinges and springs. Nice and grey. Thay would have tarnished and oxidized by now. Same with the hose clamps. And how about the bright white washer jug with the hoses that still have the white chaulky residue of new hoses on them. And isn't there supposed to be paint on the trim tag? The price? Someone needs to remind him that he forgot that he isn't selling a Camaro. It's a very nice looking car from what I can see, but when it comes down to it it's not a highly desireable car or a very valueable one. It's just a very nice, restored (here's the important part) 6 cylinder, automatic Nova. I say $8-10,000 MAXIMUM.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Lacquer can look like that, but not from the factory. There would be alot of sanding and buffing to get that shine, but it looks like there's a little hint of orange peel like a quick clearcoat paint job would leave for you to cut and buff. Apparently he even did the jams. But if it only has 32000 miles and is all original, why have the battery cables been changed?32000 miles and storage in a climate contolled condition, the originals should have been fine, unless it's a restored 132000 mile car.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
If this car is all original, why is there a 114 on this tag? Shouldn't a factory six be a 113 car?

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
wow I have never spent more than $3000 on a car ever.
current cars:
'70 Chevelle=1800
'67 Nova =3000
'91 s10 =1500
Past cars:
'72 Nova =600
'67 Mustang =500
'68 Chevelle =700
'78 Trans Am =1200
'96 S10 =Free

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
I just wish I could find one of these cars BEFORE anyone started "fixing it up" or it was traded around jacking up the price.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
macs1970nova said:
Nice car but 28k is way too high.

You can't B.S. a B.S.er and nothing gets past you guys! Amazing!

I don't think I'd pay more than 6-8k for that.
My thoughts exactly. I could build something nice starting with a trashed out car for less money. It would be well worth 6 -8K because of all the bodywork and time you would save but the asking price is ridiculous.

·
Registered
206 Posts
tpinovaII said:
If this car is all original, why is there a 114 on this tag? Shouldn't a factory six be a 113 car?

My 70 shows 11427 on the tag but it has 11327 on the vin. I would like to keep the pics of the interior. That was what mine used to look like.
Tim

1 - 16 of 16 Posts