Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
well I looked through about 4-5 different sources and it sorta looks like 3/8" in the largest....I was wondering if you could get your original ones off you could likely take them to a hydrualic hose type company and I bet they could reproduce the bends in 1/2" tubing for ya...I know the last place I worked in Canada we would get hydraulic lines made up and some would have tubing/hardline on it much like brakeline/gasline type material and they were able to copy the bends in them...just a thought...:)

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
well it looks like the premade 3/8" is about 65bucks (outta OEM type material 99 bucks outta stainless) give or take...BUT one thing i noticed is that the 3/8" for a 66 is one piece...that will be a pretty long fragile package to ship...possibly shipping costs will be expensive...just guessing...:confused:

I would think the 1/2" tubing would not be that expensive and with your original as a pattern it should take them no time at all to copy it...possibly they would charge ya an hours shop time (which it should take way less than that to make) and for what 20-24 feet of 1/2 tubing possibly double flared on each end possibly not depending on setup...Personally when you consider exchange rates/shipping rates/duties/ and the 65-99 intial cost to get the 3/8" I bet the 1/2" custom would be very compairable in price...Just speculation on my part...:)

·
Premium Member
14,614 Posts
69NovaSS said:
well it looks like the premade 3/8" is about 65bucks (outta OEM type material 99 bucks outta stainless) give or take...BUT one thing i noticed is that the 3/8" for a 66 is one piece...that will be a pretty long fragile package to ship...possibly shipping costs will be expensive...just guessing...:confused:
The fuel line I ordered for my 67 came with a gentle 180* bend in it in order make it easier to ship. It straightened out very nicely. I would think most long repro fuel lines would ship the same way.

It was listed as a 2pc, but the second piece was only about 2ft long, so I'm no sure that it made much difference in shipping package size. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
NovatoriusRex said:
The fuel line I ordered for my 67 came with a gentle 180* bend in it in order make it easier to ship. It straightened out very nicely. I would think most long repro fuel lines would ship the same way.

It was listed as a 2pc, but the second piece was only about 2ft long, so I'm no sure that it made much difference in shipping package size. :rolleyes:

ya for some reason the 5/16" ones are listed as 2 piece but the 3/8" ones are listed as one piece.:)

·
Premium Member
5,318 Posts
Shipping is oversized thus expensive. The 3/8 line is 2 piece. I ordered mine and was missing the section in the passenger wheel well so I made it from a roll of aluminum line I had laying around. Honestly...I would go buy a roll of 1/2 aluminum fuel line and bend it in the factory location to fit b/c aluminum is very very easy to form and works great. Just be sure buy some fasteners.

I can take pictures of my entire fuel line route for you no problem.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Funky, i would LOVE if you posted some pictures of your fuel line set up. We have to go up to 1/2 inch in our 66 and would love to see what it looks like. thanks!

-Brad

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
BillsNogo said:
How do you attach a 1/2 fuel line to a 3/8 line from the sending unit? Would a rubber fuel hose not be too loose on the 3/8?
ideally IMO you would change out the 3/8" line in the sending unit with a 1/2" one....someone on here had a thread on how to do that and it had some really awesome pics of what they did;)

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,318 Posts
66IISS said:
Funky, i would LOVE if you posted some pictures of your fuel line set up. We have to go up to 1/2 inch in our 66 and would love to see what it looks like. thanks!

-Brad
I have the 3/8 pre-bent OEM steel line going from the tank to the passenger wheel well and hand bent 3/8 aluminum line going from the rear section of the wheel well through the side engine compartment under the battery tray like factory.

Here is where it comes into the engine compartment.

Here is the aluminum piece I made to connect to the steel line (NOTE: where it attaches to the factory pre-bent line.)

Here is the section where the passenger front leaf spring perch is:

More pics:

Near front subframe:

The only parts you don't see is where it runs along the outside passenger subframe and the rear section where it rolls up and over the rear axle. I can get some more pics of these if you like.

Hope this helps.
Dave

·
Registered
801 Posts
it does help, thanks Dave!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts