Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been considering a different rearend or posi unit for my 66. Right now it's the original 10 bolt, dog leg. A friend of mine suggested the PowerTrax unit. He has never had a car with it, but has seen and drove quite a few that had it installed. Then I talked to another guy who has it in 2 of his old rods. He's very satisfied with it. For my situation Im thinking it just may work out pretty good. The Chevy II is just a sweet cruiser 327/350. What do you folks think about the PowerTrax unit, good, bad or ugly!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I put the Power Trax no-slip in my 70 Nova with a 8.2 rear end and like it a lot. The 2 negatives were that it was a little noisey at first when disengaging and it had a tendency to "push" the car on turns. After about a month or so of minimal weekend driving, the noise has all but vanished and I don't feel the "push" anymore. The unit it still working like it should. Also, I had never done any rear end work and found it very quick and easy to install. For a budget set up I would highly recommend it.

john

1 - 2 of 2 Posts