Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 1963 Chevy II with all the factory suspension and underpinnings with a 283 small-block and the original Powerglide. I've been having problems with the powerglide and I was hoping to upgrade to a turbo 350. If anyone has any knowledge of what is involved, if I need a special cross-member or a shifter plate or anything else??? It's a factory floor shift with the center console. Any info would be great, thanks guys.

Alec

·
Registered
99 Posts
I need to upgrade my powerglide to turbo 350 too. I have 64 with an air cooled PG. What should I be looking for in a turbo 350. Will any 350 work or will I need a certian year. What is a reasonable price for one with the converter? I was also told that the driveshaft needs to be changed? I know I need the 350 crossmember and kick down cable. Any info would be great.

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
pretty sure you can use the stock cross member for the th350, just have to clearance the one side closest to the pan (cut/grind off the 1/2" lip on the front) for room for the pan and access to the rear pan bolts.....

·
Registered
99 Posts
Ahh, Thanks. Is there any diffrence between an 1968 th 350 and 1992 th-350.
Ive called arund and can get a tranny for 700 ish,that is with torque converter. Is this reasonable.( I dont have a core so I think I get dinged a bit on that.)

Thanks
Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts