Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently running a 327 with a powerglide combo and looking to swap the glide for a short shaft turbo 350. What all has to be changed out? (yoke, drive shaft, crossmember?) Any info would be appreciated before I jump in head first.:turn:

·
Registered
320 Posts
All you have to do is grind some of the front edge of the crossmember away to clear the pan, and it goes right in. Trans mount location is the same and driveshaft is also the same. I'm assuming we're talkin' about '62-65's. I have used both transmissions in my '64

Scott

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info bigblockwagon. Sorry, it is for a 65. Good to know that it's a pretty straight swap.:)

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
You may want to do more than just clearance the crossmember. Mine bolts in (install done by previous owner) but I can't get to the rear pan bolts without removing the crossmember.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I had to cut some of the x-member off as well. Kind of annoyed me since ATI said the trans was a direct swap from the glide.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for all of the replies. Maybe it won't be as bad as I thought. Now the question is does anyone know if there's anything available to change my Hurst pro-matic shifter from powerglide to the 350? Don't really feel like spending more loot on another shifter. (this one is barely 3 months old!):(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts