Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright just needed to post this ... After a week of being in the garage pretty much non stop with a few buddies I finally got the Nova running tonight!!!
Head- Intake Ported nd polished, Lumps by Larry installed, Oversized valved 1.94 Int 1 .6 Ex.
Cam- Comp cams 260H tow cam (wanted the torque)
Intake- Offenhauser 4bbl intake manifold.
Exhaust- Stovebolt headers
Carb- Holley 390CFM
As of now it doesnt have mufflers just open exhaust.
8:30pm central time we finally got it to run, and it was so loud the lights all down the block came on to see what the noise was!!! you could feel the concrete ground vibrate your feet!!! But then again that was at 2,000 rpm... you couldnt hear your buddy yell in your ear when he was standing right next to you!!! So deffinately need some mufflers!!!!
No pictures as of yet, just wanted to share
Im still exited about that sound! Cant wait to drive it and see what it can do :)

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
I'm really glad to see you following through on this 6 project. So often you see "I'm gonna do this and that to my 6" but then you never see it again. So yeah, I've been following your threads and questions with anticipation to see it done and what kind of performance you get.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ha! Us gear heads are all the same... make'n noise at all hours.

A 390 carb? Let that bad boy breathe!
Heck ya gotta let the neighbors know what a 6 is capable of :devil: The 390 is what most 6'ers recomended, with Larry's flow numbers it looks like the head can flow around 215cfm (dont quote me on that though)

I'm really glad to see you following through on this 6 project. So often you see "I'm gonna do this and that to my 6" but then you never see it again. So yeah, I've been following your threads and questions with anticipation to see it done and what kind of performance you get.
Yea I dont post much progress unfortunately, and so many times I sat back upset that its been over 5 years or so and the Nova has just sat there, sat at my parents for a year, at my GF's parents for a year, at my house for a few months before I was driving it daily, then to let it park for a year while i upgrade the motor, its been worth it, but it isnt close to done yet. I'll start snapping photo's more often now, but the engine looks :beat: :beat: :beat: !!! just needs to be cleaned up a bit!!!
The next step is to get mufflers purchased and welded up, I was going to go with 2.5" glasspacks 18" chamber's on each header and dump the pipes right infornt of the driver tire. But thats another month off...

As of now the bumbers are on, grille on, headlight bezel's on, so the body is ready for the street, just need to get the body mount bushings on and a bracket welded up for the back right shock

1 - 4 of 4 Posts