Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a holley 3310 750cfm carb and just installed new fuel lines, manual pump, tank, sending unit, and was running fine and strong till tonight. I was going to dinner and stomped it to impress my buddy. When I pulled in the parking lot just after it felt like it ran out of fuel and was cutting out then shut off. I checked all the kiss methods and all was good. I held the throttle down to the floor and she fired up and ran all the way home (3 miles) just fine. I stomped on it again and ran it hard for say 300 feet or so then It went back to floodin out. Could this be the power valve that floods the carb out?

·
Premium Member
7,732 Posts
Not likely. It's probably a problem with your needle & seat if the engine is actually "flooded".

You probably have some dirt or debris stuck in it not allowing it to shut-off. Look into the top of the carb with the air cleaner removed and see if it is the primaries or secondaries that are flooding. Then remove that needle & seat and clean it. Then replace it and re-set your fuel level.

It's a common problem and easy to fix. You probably got something in it when you changed your fuel line and everything else.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You hit that nail square on the head! pulled the forward needle and seat and found that a piece of white nylon was stuck in there causing the bowl to flood and leak out the dog-legs? I have no idea where this came from? lol.... thanks guys! It runs good again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts