Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a fully rebuilt front suspension and power steering system on the front of my 65. After aligning it (all measurements look to be correct) it has a serious pull to the right. It seems like it will drive straight but if you turn it towards the right it wants to almost dive that way. All of the alignment measurements seem correct. It there any special way to start-up a new power steering system? I just filled it up and started driving. Just wondering if there is any special bleeding or flushing of the system that is needed. It works but seems to work much better to the right than the left? I feel it is alignment; but can't measure anything else that is off to adjust. Don't drive this enough to see tire wear yet. Any thoughts or previous experiences appreciated!

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
After I rebuilt my steering I bled the system by jacking the front of the car up, started the engine and turned the steering lock to lock 4 or 5 times and kept checking the fluid. This removes the air from a new system. If you're still getting a pull there is an adjustment under this cap for centering while the car is up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts