Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My poor old Nova has a sick carb., leaky radiator, tired tie rod and putrid power steering pump. Managed to do my weekend duties and take care of the first two but am asking for guidance on the ps pump. The tie rod will have to wait until another weekend...

The ps pump sits akwardly (sp) under the alternator on the 307 that was installed long ago. The pump is spewing precious fluids everywhere. I tried to remove it while I had all that room, what with the radiator out, and am having quite a senior moment with it. If I disconnect the hoses, will I get a good shot in the puss with juice? Currently, the pump is dry, since it leaks like a sieve. And, more importantly, can I get it fixed, or do I have to buy a new one for less than my stimulus check is for (which I'm still waiting for, btw)?

As always, thanks for the feedback...

·
Registered
583 Posts
If it was me I would probly just replace it. What dose the power steering pump look like because I may have one that would work for you application.

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
You won't get shot in the puss............If anything It my drip a wee bit..Not to worry....keep the hose's up high and support them .....replace the pump...they're not that expensive.....especially if you can find someone here that has one.....Look in the for sale ad's too........good luck...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Good to know about the squirting hoses. Someone here in alienville said I could find one at a local parts store. Won't hold my breath...

Will check tomorrow and report back.

Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts