Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 63 nova with an inline 6. I am getting ready to do a power steering conversion. I found the brackets for the inline 6. Looking for someone who went this route that could share some images so I can see how the pump and alt. are installed. Much thanks.

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
6,455 Posts
Hi 'spaceman' . .

well - yes & no ; but with some Nova L 6 (250ci motor) - (but , mounts the same on all "later type L 6 engines = 194ci ; 230ci ; 250ci ; even on the 292ci " ) .

Any or some L 6 info is still good. Most of this is for the 3rd gen type cars - - which means : the later style power steering mounts ARE alittle different , (the main pump mount is bigger).
That makes the other supporting smaller P/S brackets , also different.
But, still some L 6 good info.

Also NOTE : that member 'onecarnut' (Lou) , has also done other mods to his 68 250ci engine (like adding those "cast iron split exhaust manifolds" ). Which (as we found out) , can also
affect some P/S Pump Bracket installs. ( ( that would be for the 73 & later large main pump mounting bracket ) ) .

Oh well - - some good reading info , about the L 6 engines using factory P/S , but again = for 3rd gen Nova's . And some good pictures.

I hope this may help, some .

later , jim

1 - 2 of 2 Posts