Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
6,343 Posts
Hi ' spiff ' . .

So, here is one of my 250ci L 6 motors with 'Factory Power Steering' and showing = all the fan belts.
This is my 73 (3rd gen - parts car) - but, this set-up is for using 3 different fan belts - - (not sure if this will
help you ; for an early Chevy II car).
In this picture you can see the : water pump (pulley & fan belt) ; the alt (pulley & fan belt) ; and the 3rd belt
going over to the top passenger side (for the stock 'smog pump' == or == factory a/c compressor).

2. same motor - different 'shot'

This (again - factory set-up) does use a three groove w/p pulley ; and a three groove
crank pulley.

. . (not sure if this helps you out , any).

jim

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi ' spiff ' . .

So, here is one of my 250ci L 6 motors with 'Factory Power Steering' and showing = all the fan belts.
This is my 73 (3rd gen - parts car) - but, this set-up is for using 3 different fan belts - - (not sure if this will
help you ; for an early Chevy II car).
In this picture you can see the : water pump (pulley & fan belt) ; the alt (pulley & fan belt) ; and the 3rd belt
going over to the top passenger side (for the stock 'smog pump' == or == factory a/c compressor).

2. same motor - different 'shot'

This (again - factory set-up) does use a three groove w/p pulley ; and a three groove
crank pulley.

. . (not sure if this helps you out , any).

jim
thanx....that helps

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
6,343 Posts
But = (there's always a but. . )

Power steering for the 1st & 2nd gen Chevy II's = have / use the "steering assist power cylinder" = for
power steering .

My 73 (and 3rd gen type cars) use the 'power steering gear - box' .

But, my pictures are showing : the fan belts and how they match "in the pulleys and what position , they run,
on those pulleys.

later , jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts