Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know of reputable companies selling Power glide parts? In particular the cases and the Stock shift linkage brackets?

-Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
Are you talking stock parts, or aftermarket parts? My friend is a BTE dealer and has really good deals on aftermarket stuff. Stock stuff is getting hard to find. I have some, but not a whole lot. Dave

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well..most likely stock. Unless the aftermarket stuff will fit direct without modifying my 63ss . I need a good Aluminum core and a shift linkage bracket that will fit the stock floor shifter set-up so it works correctly.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
You're going to pay north of $900 for an aftermarket case and I don't think anyone sells original cores online. You might be better off looking on Craigslist and see if you can find one for $100 or so. Coan sells complete glides for $900. They're easy to work on if you have a little mechanical ability. What's wrong with your case?

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
I've got a PG in my 65 that I'm going to be taking out. and probably sell. It's a 1.82, manual valve body, Hardened hub, pump modified, 6 pack hi gear, stock reverse. It's a footbrake trans I put together. Also has a deep pan and hardened input. And a shift lever for a Hurst Quarterstick. Wish you lived closer. Dave

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You're going to pay north of $900 for an aftermarket case and I don't think anyone sells original cores online. You might be better off looking on Craigslist and see if you can find one for $100 or so. Coan sells complete glides for $900. They're easy to work on if you have a little mechanical ability. What's wrong with your case?

Its got a crack in it..leaking ATF.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've got a PG in my 65 that I'm going to be taking out. and probably sell. It's a 1.82, manual valve body, Hardened hub, pump modified, 6 pack hi gear, stock reverse. It's a footbrake trans I put together. Also has a deep pan and hardened input. And a shift lever for a Hurst Quarterstick. Wish you lived closer. Dave

Ya- that would be nice. Curious..could I use my stock shift set-up on it instead of the Hurst?

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
Changing the shift arm is a cinch. Pull the pan, loosen the screw, slide one out, slide one in. Usually when you get an aftermarket shifter you get the correct arm for it. Not hard to change at all. Take a road trip, I'll make you a deal. lol Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts