Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I took the two speed powerglide out of my 62 nova and replaced it with a 700r4 now I am wrestling with the dipstick does anybody know if you have to order some kind of custom dipstick and of course with that transmission being 3 inches longer the crossmember has to be changed. Do I fab One up or is it easier can you buy one to fit and if so where would I buy such parts. A little more information the transmission was out of and early 70s nova and the dipstick came with it . I attached the transmission to a 327

·
Registered
373 Posts
I swapped out power glide in my 67 with a 700R. Got a bolt in crossmember from GM Classics 502-239-8487. You might check and see if they have same for your 62. Also got trans dipstick from Jegs for the 700R. It was not the best, just an aftermarket plastic, chrome mesh covered one. For now serving the purpose.

·
Premium Member
4,598 Posts
I used a Lokar firewall mount dipstick

Lokar TD-3700FM

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
you'll also need to install a TV cable to the linkage at the carb.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you'll also need to install a TV cable to the linkage at the carb.
Thanks . I got a bracket and cables with the trans but it was from a big block and a second gen Nova so I don't know if it will fit . If not do you have any suggestions On where to purchase the proper one .

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
let me see i do have some info an maybe a picture hooked to a holly 600 cfm. i'll get back to you later today.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
some how i missed the info with the picture above. you can see the TV cable connected. i have the older style bracket that works but there is a newer version of that bracket. look for the newer bracket at summit racing P/N 20-121. i think the bracket is under 30.00 bucks. as for the correct adjustment of this cable someone else will have to give that info.

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
1,495 Posts
See the link below for "Universal Fit" TV cable adjustment procedures (same procedures for a 700R4 & 2004R trans).

P.S. Below is a link to a discussion that details some specs of the 2004R / 700R4 Geometry Corrector Bracket (same geometry corrector bracket is used for both transmissions).
The discussion does get kinda technical, but you may find that some of the information shown is useful in selecting/using the correct Geometry Corrector Bracket and why the newer design is beneficial to the overall operation of the transmission.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts