Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have changed my 74 nova to power disc with drum rear. the parts all came off another 74 nova. I have new callipers and rotors on front and new shoes with drums turned in back. All new front lines. I put a new mc on for the power dics/drm set up supposed to be just like the other and does look the same.. I used the booster that came off the other 74. Used the prop valve off other 74 too. Bled them and now it feels like I got pedal.(car is on Jack stands so don't know about stoping power yet) But when I hook the vacumm line to the back of the carb then the pedal goes to the floor. How do you check the booster? Does any one think that the booster is the problem.?:confused: Thanks Lance

·
Registered
9,994 Posts
I don't think the problem is with the booster, it only amplifies the pedal pressure. If the pedal goes all the way to the floor I would be looking for air in the system or assuring that the booster is properly engaging the master cylinder.

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mike I used a super duper pump to bleed, that my nephew got me from auto zone .(Wasn't impressed too much) I guess I'll try the old fashion way with motor running and vacuum hooked up. If you all think of anything else just hollar at me.
Lance

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No I thought of that today and and couldn't have felt dumber. I really got a head of myself on that one. In my defense the wife was getting a new fridge and I had to move the old one to the garage where I was supposed to be working on the brakes in the first place. My dad called it one track mind. Guess thats me.:)

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
araley said:
How do you bench bleed a m/c??
It aint hard they usually give you the tubes to do it with. You just hook them up like it says and pump the thing till you get the fluid running thru with no bubbles. you can hold it in a vise, use a screw driver or what ever to push on the plunger.

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Heres to Mike!!!!

Mike Goble said:
Did you bench bleed the m/c?
I bled the MC on the car and it did not go to the floor with vacuum. Couldn't believe I forgot to do it even in all that confusion.:eek: I notice you are my age so maybe you can cut be some slack here with my lack of memory. (Just kidding) Thanks for saving me a lot of grief and maybe $$$$$ too, and getting back so soon with the info.
Lance

1 - 8 of 8 Posts